Hard Anodized Wheel Spacers

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Hard Anodized Wheel Spacers

Post by AlisoBob »

So I had a little time over the long weekend to make some progress on the 97

Replaced the rear wheel bearings and seals. Nothing special about that except I did not want to replace the wheel spacers with OEM since they are pretty much junk. So I searched around and found some on Ebay by a company called MaSheen. Nice hard anodized (I think they call it ROK Coat or something) units.

< photo by enmerdeur>

I ordered some for myself.... $10!

This things are N*I*C*E*!

I contacted the company, here is his response...

"Hey Bob,
Sorry you couldn't get in touch with us. The toll free number rings at both of our shops but sometimes it is hard to hear with machinery running and our office mgr. is only in the office part time. Our website is under construction along with ad copy for the bike magazines. It has been a long, ongoing project to try to design, run and inventory a comprehensive line of spacers for the top four bike brands.

We have many rear spacers available that we have not yet even advertised on e-bay. We are currently running a line of Kawasaki rears and then to "fronts" for everything we make "rears" for. MaSheen is my company so if you contact one you got the other.

A complete, comprehensive line of "better than O.E.M." wheel spacers was our first goal when we founded MaSheen. We don't want to copy anybody - we want our stuff to be better than everybody. Our next product is truly the "million dollar idea". I couldn't possibly think of a guy that rides who wouldn't buy at least one. We are developing the part with a process known as "stereo lith" which is a machine that converts a 3D CAD drawing model and through laser beams and magic resin produces an actual plastic model that you can touch and feel to aid in development of the final metal product. I can't say what the part is yet. We want the website and ad copy in place before we introduce this product.

I too am the proud owner of one of them viscous beasts known as a CR500. It's not the bike I ride the most but it's definitely the one I ride when I want a rush!

Later,
Lloyd"

We shall see whats Lloyd's Million Dollar product is.

UPDATE: I pulled the rear wheel off after a few hours on it.... spacers looke untouched.. I cant imagine they will look different after 100 more. This "RokCoat" is good stuff!

Maybe we can get this company to CNC our A/F Hardware Kit that's coming out...

OPPS! Did I just say that out loud?

:woot:
Last edited by AlisoBob on June 25th, 2007, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Hey Bob do you still have their number? I want to get a set for the 500 while it is still in pieces.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This is the best way to get ahold of them....

TOMCOIND@aol.com

:wink:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Thanks brother
I will shoot him an email.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I bought a pair of those for my cousins bike when I was building it, I will get him to pull the rear wheel and have a look. He rides every weekend and lives on land where he can ride, so I'm sure a number of hours have already worked on them.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Don't Clyde it, ride it!
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Danny, DO IT!! I am not sold "yet" till I see how the seals last. Hard anodizing is not new but everything I owned that was hard coated had a pretty rough texture. I think DLC would be the "million dollar idea"...OOOPS, there goes my monay!!
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I didn't think about the seal, I will have him pull the rear wheel and look at both the seals and spacers. They were really smooth to the touch when I got them though.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Yup...
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Seals will cut into the hardest forged cranks, so it is only a matter of time till they bite that coating. Granted it will be much longer them stock. On roadrace bikes many tuners hone the seal till it just makes contact but has almost no drag.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Seals dont cut cranks...

Dirt suspended in the oil acts as an abrasive to cut the crank...

Ever see marble cut with a "String Saw" ? Same thing.

Also , that crank spins about 900,999,999,999,999,999,999 times in a life time, bike wheels dont.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Seals dont cut cranks...

Dirt suspended in the oil acts as an abrasive to cut the crank...
Same end result
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Yup....

Same with the crank collar and the waterpump seal.

Silicate coolant is basically coolant with sand in it to keep the radiator clean ( like extrude honing)

Say NO! to silicate coolant in your 500'

:wink: