Michigan people- Silver Lake, 4/6

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
Blusmbl

Michigan people- Silver Lake, 4/6

Post by Blusmbl »

The weather looks to be 50-ish and not raining, Kleckner and I are bringing our 500's out, a friend who's never ridden a bike in his life is going to attempt to learn on a YZ426, and my roommate with an ATK 250 is coming along as well. One day trip, we're driving out from Detroit and back on the same day if anyone's interested in meeting up on the beach or anything, look for a black Dodge Ram.

I'll have my bike out for the first time since I bought it, and thanks to Brit and craigslist I'll try my luck with a 10 paddle Hooker. Hopefully the bike doesn't hurt me when I run out of talent. :D
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Make sure you get some pics!!!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

Redneck trailer is loaded and we're ready to go...

Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

Update: it was awesome. First real ride (save for up and down the street) on my 500, power-wise it's nothing short of exceptional. Mine seemed to be rather twitchy and hard to keep pointed straight compared to other bikes, but I think some of that is due to how far my bars are now laid back, and my front tire pressure was too high. I'll change some stuff and try again.

Kleckner beat me in the drags with his '87, but nobody else on 250's could keep up. I loved it. I also realized exactly how quickly the front end can come up on one of these things...

Humping my handlebars, Ronnie Renner style.

Gooning it up.

Skip "backing it in"

britincali

Post by britincali »

Those are some REALLY clean bikes man :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

The camera makes 'em look pretty. :D

Next time we'll have helmetcam footage and pictures of the actual dunes. All I have is a digital SLR and I wasn't about to strap it around my neck and ride over to the hills. :lol:
Kleckner

Post by Kleckner »

Nick's 01 is extremely clean...

My '87 was a hoot. I freshened the topend and did some jug porting on the thing over the winter, I'd call it successful. It was a riot on the dunes, and really ripped.

It is almost trail season up North. The snow should be just about melted out of the woods. I'm ready for the next ride!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Blusmbl wrote:Redneck trailer is loaded and we're ready to go...

Dam I didn't I once owned a Redneck trailer. It was once a one ton 78 4x4 with AK plate. Took the extra leifs out to lower it and the axels were already cut so there was less drag turning the dif.

Must be warm enough to ride with just a t shirt and shorts. lol You looking at to many Glamis pics? :lol:
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

That trailer belongs to Kleckner's father in law. It tows like a dream, and looks like 35 kinds of ass. :lol:

It was about 65* on Sunday. Nicest day of the year here in Michigan, I had to break out the shorts. Next time I'll have more gear on, this trip was just to get used to the bike and I was riding like a vagina. :shock: