SmokinDodges Gen 1 A/F !!

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
smokindodge

SmokinDodges Gen 1 A/F !!

Post by smokindodge »

I just picked it up last night! I am pretty sure I got a heck of a good deal on it. It's a 1999 just had the motor gone through over the winter. Original plastics, the kid gave me a full extra back wheel set up. He also gave me a new front fender 3 sets of new handlebars and a nearly new knobby. He also just put a new FMF pipe and silencer on it!! Oh yeah I paid him $1000 for it. How did I do?? The second pic is both of my bikes, I bought the 500 last fall it is in pretty good shape. It is a 92 it just had the top end done it runs awesome. I am so pumped to get started, I have already ordered the kit from Danny and lined up a welder buddy of mine to do the welding for me for a 12 pack. Time to start selling the extra parts!!
Image[/img][/b]
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much"...... John Wayne
britincali

Post by britincali »

$1000 for an AF is an AWSOME deal man, right on :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The'99 motor brings good money from the kart guys... You really got the roller for like $300.

Depending what the pipe and sliencer fetch...... + the other "odd's and end's"..... Maybe free?

:notworthy:

Be sure to tell your welder to preheat the frame..... getting the thing hot will keep the tig heat from being drawn out into the rest of the frame.

Get on it!!!
Last edited by AlisoBob on March 28th, 2008, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Nice! Have fun and good luck with the build.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

VERY NICE!
I sold my '97 motor w/ electronics, carb and pipe for $700, you should be able to pull something similar.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Heck of a deal. I got $670.00 out of the 98' engine, carb and electronics and $60.00 bucks out of the Fatty and silencer.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

This all came together in a huge hurry, I just saw the ad for the 250 wed night and he was asking 1500. I went to see it yesterday and pulled the C note trick on him and got a smokin deal. The pipe and silencer are basically new, so I should be able to get some decent change out of them. What are all of you doing with your 500 rollers. Mine is in great shape, is there any chance of selling it whole? If so how much ball park.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

smokindodge wrote:What are all of you doing with your 500 rollers. Mine is in great shape,
Sell them the the guys on the other site, too scared to build their own A/F's!

:wink:
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

One other slight issue, the kid I bought it from told me the extra wheel that came with it didn't fit. I was hoping he was wrong, but he wasn't. I wasn't going to turn him down and let him keep it, the thing is like brand new. But it looks like it must be for a newer bike, the bearings/shaft for the axle are larger than the 99. Is there anything I can do to make this one work or should I try to swap it for a different one? any suggestions?
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

I just put an ad up for my 500 chassis on the local classifieds here. I put it up for $485. am I short changing myself here?? I am getting calls all over the place?? please help me here I don't want to screw myself.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

hell, I wish I could get that much for my old roller. I thing 485 sound really fair on both ends.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This is what I got for Steelie Stuff

$200 500 Forks and Shock, Swingarm
$50 500 PMB Kick Stand
$115 Spare 500 Rear Wheel w/ Paddle
$80 500 Rear Wheel Loose
$71 500 Front Wheel
$36 500 Rad Braces
$38 500 Front Brake
$20 500 Rear Brake
$29 500 Skid Plate

I was lookin' to move the stuff, and help fellow Hoons out.... you should get more.

You will still have the Radiators, Pipe & Silencer, Airbox, Brake pedal, Bars, Tank, Seat, and other stuff...
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

Sorry I wasn't able to help any of the Hoons out here but it is a done deal. It is worth a few bucks to me to have it "roll" out of my garage. Took me less than an hour to sell it and the guy is coming with cash in the morning. I was shocked I thought I would have to sit on it for a while.
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

.l
Last edited by smokindodge on March 31st, 2008, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Between the stuff you mentioned and the 250 you have, you should be covered........and throw in a Gen1 kit from Dannygraves.

Keep us up to date.....I got a lot of help here when I did my build. :cool:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

I wonder if that extra back rim will fit my bike? CRF250X frame and swingarm.

If so... pm me if you want to sell it.

Scott
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

I am trying to get all the little pieces for this project together before my kit gets here from Danny. Have any of you Gen 1ers tried to get the front mount bolt (the long one) from a dealership. I would think they would have a pretty good supply of stuff like that. Also what diameter is the bolt? I know it needs to be 160mm or 170mm long, but what diameter. If the dealer doesn't have them what is the next best option, who has them? Thanks guys, BTW I have already got $700 of my $1000 back out of this project and I still have my complete 250 motor minus the pipes!! :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

10mm. If you can find a bolt place, they should have it. Like fastenal, or something similar. I got mine froma place called Nevada bolt here in vegas.
nice on recouping the funds, watch, you'll make money on the conversion!! haha!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

smokindodge wrote:BTW I have already got $700 of my $1000 back out of this project and I still have my complete 250 motor minus the pipes!! :lol:
I keep trying to reinforce the fact that anyone can afford to build a Gen1 A/F, and that with the information here, anyone with the most vary basic of fabrication skills can do it themselves..

Right on Smokie!!!
MTNielson

Post by MTNielson »

Honda part # 95701-10160-08 (10X160)

and the bolt heads match the rest of the bike. I hate the mismatched bolt heads.
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

Just had a guy call and want my motor here locally, he is going to give me 650 for it. I know I probably could get more on eBay but this way I don't have to hassle with shipping or anything. I don't know about the rest of you but I am totallly shocked, projects never go like this for me. usually I end up on the wrong end of the deal. It is a pleasant surprise to be in the black on this project. I should be riding this mother a week from now!!!! I am not trying to brag or anything but I am proud as shit!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, gen-1s kick ass, easy cheap build and they basically pay for themselves. my conversion paid for itself and I still have most on my steelie roller! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

smokindodge wrote:Just had a guy call and want my motor here locally, he is going to give me 650 for it. I know I probably could get more on eBay but this way I don't have to hassle with shipping or anything. I don't know about the rest of you but I am totallly shocked, projects never go like this for me. usually I end up on the wrong end of the deal. It is a pleasant surprise to be in the black on this project. I should be riding this mother a week from now!!!! I am not trying to brag or anything but I am proud as shit!!
:applaud:
smokindodge

Post by smokindodge »

I am starting the mock up on my bike. Am I going to have to modify my tank a little bit, it's just the stock tank?? I read another post where danny had to, I am just not sure with a stock tank. I got my frame all cleaned up last night, mounts ground off etc. It looks awesome, I will throw up some pics later. As soon as my kit gets here I will be riding this mother!!