Dumont easter '08

WTF Happened!!!!
britincali

Dumont easter '08

Post by britincali »

It was my best dune trip EVER, neither of my bikes ran well and it was still awsome. I got to see and do some crazy shit

In one day I saw a kid do the wildest jump I ever personally seen, he was at least 30ft in the air and hitting 160-170 foot distance, it was simply unreal I watched a guy in a rail do a 360 degree spin out then roll it twice down a dune, I saw 2 F16s light the afterburners about 800ft off camp, I hit a 35 shot on my bike, I got to ride in two of the sickest 4 wheel vehicles Ive ever had the pleasure of strapping myself into, I had some of the best smoke ever and I got my truck buried over the tow hitch :cool: :cool: :cool:

The nitrous bike ran great for about 20% of every run then would either end up so rich it would blubber or the power would fade in and out, I tried all kinds of different jet combinations but nothing worked well.

I did get it lighting up pretty good on sat afternoon at comp but the hit was so hard I couldnt keep the front down, I couldnt lay into it like I normally do so speed wise it sucked.

The last run I did with a 28 shot of NOS and a 22 shot on the fuel side rode bitchin untill it stayed on by the top of comp, I thought I was gonna launch off the top after a few highly paniked seconds I pulled the kill cord and ate shit at the lip, pushing a bike flooded with NOS down comp aint fun. The WOT switch is still stuck on......

Danny graves ate it good a few times and im sure is still sore :lol: :lol: I went down 3-4 times but nothing major, I think I got sand in the WOT switch :(

As usual bitchin riding but the ice on the cake was going for a 20 min ride in a 640hp LS2 rail, it feels like the NOS bike with a full cage, 4 seats and a cooler :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

You pussies who din't go missed out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

sounds like you had a damn blast.. i hate you for it :D dude.. i gotta clear something up, your truck is exactly 4 inches off the ground so getting it stuck up to the hitch can be done in any front yard :twisted: good work none the less.
Jay

I break stuff
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

Nice trip report Brit, that buggy ride must have been insane. Too bad about Danny jacking up his foot.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

and you gave me shit for not having a bike and having an awesome time :P you dont have to ride to have a excellent time in dumont.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Sounds like a good time Hoons, get some pics going fools! :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Sounds like a good weekend!

Any pics?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

I dint take a camera, there were some people from the dumont dunes site taking pics tho. When they post them Ill copy and paste :wink:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, I brought the cam corder, but it stayed in the trailer. in half a day I went through over 7 gallons of fuel!! I think my clarke cap is messed up, but that still a lot of WFO!
My bike ran titties even worked Brits nitrous bike off the bottle and came a close couple bike lengths behind when he was on the bottle, I was very proud of her until she flat out booted my ass off!!!
There was this dude in an orange quad and I knew I could take him if I got a good launch, and the next thing you know I'm sideways, then I'm the other sideways, then back and forth like 4 times until I got a bar end to the rips and went for a short flight landing on my back! I wished someone had a camera, I bet it would be kickass to watch over and over! :D
the riding was kickass and even the slow guy in the group was holding well! I lost the group a couple times :oops: not really paying attention and having too much fun! :D
It was all great until my foot got it... should have known better than to follow some crazy drunk british guy up a hard rocky hill on an 8-puck, I was slippin and slidin until I slipped right over a big rock which grabbed my foot and ripped me clean off the bike. Still not too bad, I was able to ride to the meet, then back to the trailer and still loaded and unloaded.
definitly a kickass time! can't wait until next time!!!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

britincali wrote:I dint take a camera, there were some people from the dumont dunes site taking pics tho. When they post them Ill copy and paste :wink:
ya, send me a link when those go up, I know she took a couple pics with me in them.
that meet was hillarious, especially when you kept asking that guy why there wasn't a cooler full of beer in his jeep right after he finished talking about how he posted that drinking while duning is stupid!!!
I was waiting for the dude to go off on you!
the best was the reaction from everyone when we told them we ride with "sandsaw" (MFDB)! they were like "oohhh, THAT guy..." HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Heres one of the rails i got a spin in, a VERY memorable experience :lol:

Before paint

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

the guy on the orange YFZ quad is my buddy aaron.. He used to ride 2 wheels before he got into the drag quad scene :P
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, dude launches HARD, but that thing was running out of juice at the top of this hill. Still nice quad.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ISBB wrote:the guy on the orange YFZ quad is my buddy aaron.. He used to ride 2 wheels before he got into the drag quad scene :P
BTW, how did you know it was a YFZ?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

dannygraves wrote: It was all great until my foot got it... should have known better than to follow some crazy drunk british guy up a hard rocky hill on an 8-puck, I was slippin and slidin until I slipped right over a big rock which grabbed my foot and ripped me clean off the bike!!!

Who would have ever thought someone would have eaten shit following ME up a hill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

dannygraves wrote:
ISBB wrote:the guy on the orange YFZ quad is my buddy aaron.. He used to ride 2 wheels before he got into the drag quad scene :P
BTW, how did you know it was a YFZ?
because thats the only orange quad i know that can give us 2 wheelers a run for our money.. anything else and you wouldnt have mentioned it. :P
britincali

Post by britincali »

ISBB wrote:
because thats the only orange quad i know that can give us 2 wheelers a run for our money.. anything else and you wouldnt have mentioned it. :P

In all honesty that quat aint that fast, its REALLY loud and not much else. There are a ton of banshees with way less $$$ invested that I guarantee would spank it.

The NOS bike was running like shit and he barely beat it.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, he was BARELY getting me and it was all because of launch... I should have let it go, I tried too hard to get a better launch and ended up eating it... oh well...
oh and brit, I'm having trouble accepting that I ate it following you :D So I decided I'm blaming my paddle, that makes me feel better :wink: :D :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ellett

Post by ellett »

britincali wrote:Who would have ever thought someone would have eaten shit following ME up a hill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd have to be a trials rider not to fall over following you.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

britincali wrote:
dannygraves wrote: It was all great until my foot got it... should have known better than to follow some crazy drunk british guy up a hard rocky hill on an 8-puck, I was slippin and slidin until I slipped right over a big rock which grabbed my foot and ripped me clean off the bike!!!
Who would have ever thought someone would have eaten shit following ME up a hill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats because you were going to dam slow and Danny had no place to go. :lol:
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I love to pick on Britt (who doesnt??) but I have to give props when due. That guy has come a long friggin way since the last couple seasons. He does really well and actually I havnt seen him crash in quite a while. Last season (Jay will prolly agree) we spent MUCHO time circleing around to pick his ass up!! I even had to ride his bike out of a bowl cuz he was so "knackered" he could barely stand much less start the thing!! :lol:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, seriously, at the AZ ride, I was almost running him over, now he can really hold his own! riding behind him is still a bad idea! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

I guess I forgot to post the GSS bike has MAJOR issues, it aint startin right and there is coolant/oil weeping out the back of the head.

At best I think I lifted the head :(

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, I thought she wasn't running her best when I smoked you off the bottle... it wasn't even close... maybe that 35 shot stretched the head studs! :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

It wasnt running right all weekend, I don't really want to pull it apart as I dont have the funds to fix anything right now and I hate having things in pieces everywhere.

When I do pull it Ill prolly at a minimum slap new rings in.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok