Manastash

WTF Happened!!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Manastash

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

This ride left me thoroughly impressed with Washington. The views were nothing short of astounding. The terrain here had me feeling a little more at home....rocks and lot's of them and the usual lingering dust clouds. I am still getting use to the slimey wet root infested trails. Which prove to be more difficult/treacherous than riding in rocks. I'll get there....I think there is a "Rob beat-up Session" at Goldbar in the near future where its wet and just plain mean....from what I am told. A big thanks to MojoScojo, his crew and Landshark.

The ride report:
Here we go, this one did not start off as your normal ride. The night before, I replaced a base gasket...it was bulging out of the sides. I knocked that out and got the bike loaded up in the Pepe (my truck) kinda late. I had talked to the Shark and we agreed to meet in Cle Elum since I was not familiar with the area. From there the Shark took me the rest of the way in. We could not find Mojo and his crew after driving around a bit. The place was packed. Which I guess was very unusual. We said piss on it and found a place to pull off to the side of the road and unload the bikes. Shortly after unloading the bikes, I we both heard a famiar exhaust note of a nearby 500. It was Mojo out looking for us.

After gearing up and everything I could not get the 89 to start!? >:( I have never kicked that bike that hard and long. I even broke down and had Mojo and Shark try to tow start me.....would not fire!? By this time I was geting pretty irritated. The Shark and I farted around with it for a few to see if we could notice anything obvious.....nothing. I disconnected the kill switch check for a spark...weak spark....might be time for a new ignition system....maybe. For giggles and at the request of Rick. I tried to start it again with the kill switch disconnected...3'rd kick it lit off.....(insert numerous explecatives here). I made haste and finished gearing up....embark!

The riding was freaking awesome! For the first several miles it was lots of rocks and rock climbs annd we followed a jeep trail for a ways. There was one water crossing filled with slimey rocks...that was fun! There were also a few mud bogs. Some of the sights I saw...wow! We dropped down off a ridge onto a lake, sevral bridges for crossing streams annd a meadow. We did hit some singletrack on the way back.....sweet trail! I had an excellent time. I wish I had a helmet cam to capture some of the views I saw and the trails we rode. Good times and good memories! 8-)

Picture Time:

The 89 all put back together and ready to roll:

Landshark....dude is all business::

MojoScojo and his son Justin:

A warm fuzzy:

The gang (L-R Tim, Mojo, Justin, the Shark, Matt and Rick:

The scooters:

The Jeep Trail we came up on:

Another:

Making our way to the wall of death via jeep trail:

MVP of the ride, Justin! He can ride and ride well!

The Wall of Death....looks lie someone has a long day ahead of them:

A fun trail with some very tight hairpin turns:

Lost Lake...very cool! We ran part a few lake and a lot of streams:

The trail we come on into lost lake:

Chilling out at Mojo and and his crews' campground:

Mojo....I think your a bit big for that bike. This looks easy, it was not that bad but gets tricky in the middle with a few step ups. Its all rock....
Click here to watch Mojo

Rick (Mojo's Dad) gives it a shot.
Click here to watch Rick-29-58
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
britincali

Post by britincali »

Looks awsome up there rob, is mojos dad riding a WR500?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Uncle Cracker

Post by Uncle Cracker »

looking at the pic's makes me upset that im setting in my office on my ass. that looks like a great ride.... :D :D :D
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

britincali wrote:Looks awsome up there :bling: Rob :bling:, is mojos dad riding a WR500?
Yes he does. I like the HP boot and leathers he wears.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Sweet looking pics Rob. Looks like an awesome place to ride.
But gasket problems and a faulty kill switch? Sounds like the Bing Masheen does like all that mud!! Better bring her back down here to the desert!! I wil keep her here until you move someplace more suited for her!!! :ride:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

sabreguy wrote:Sweet looking pics :bling: Rob :bling:. Looks like an awesome place to ride.
But gasket problems and a faulty kill switch? Sounds like the Bing Masheen does like all that mud!! Better bring her back down here to the desert!! I wil keep her here until you move someplace more suited for her!!! :ride:
Er um....no! :lol: She just has to acclimatize...thats all. :wink: Yeah the riding was awesome!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Great Ride Boys!!

My favorite quote came from Rosco while fixing his bike....

( Said over the sound of squeeling tires, horns honking, and babies crying...)

I'm 20 minutes away from the Honda dealer, and they close in 8!!! ...I think I can make it!!!!

:lmao:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Rosco-Peeko wrote: Er um....no! :lol: She just has to acclimatize...thats all. :wink: Yeah the riding was awesome!
Ah alright then ,but if you change your mind you know where I live!Image
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

AlisoBob wrote:Great Ride Boys!!

My favorite quote came from Rosco while fixing his bike....

( Said over the sound of squeeling tires, horns honking, and babies crying...)

I'm 20 minutes away from the Honda dealer, and they close in 8!!! ...I think I can make it!!!!

:lmao:
Hey! I freaking made it. I cant believe that I did. I am suprised half the state trooper's were not chasing me.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Blasted kill switches. Ya mine doesn't work either.

Awesome pics mano.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
StinkFinger

Post by StinkFinger »

Yep, Rosco is getting better.... didn't hardly have to wait for him at all this ride. :cool: Except for on the freeways, man, that dude drives slooooow! :D

Just funnin' 'Scoe :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hey Rosco, Where's the pictures Tim took of you with the view in the background?
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I did not post em up, did not turn out too good. Thats alright, next time.... :wink: The pic you like above, I can send you the unaltered version. Its huge in MB's and something like 3000 pixels wide.