Adelanto '08

WTF Happened!!!!
britincali

Adelanto '08

Post by britincali »

From the board it was redrocket, me, arleybeer and teamdns, I ran 3 pre-run laps on friday and LOVEd it, tons of really fast sections with a few small lips that got some sweet hauling ass air :D

We all ran the 7.30am unclassified race on sat morning and after having my bike take 3 kicks at the start it all went well, the track was still smooth with at least 4 WOT runs per lap. Arlen ate it just past the MX section and looked pretty tore up when I went by.

I ran the open class today and flat hated it, the track was nothing but big bike swallowing whoops, the only rest was the ashphalt stretches (2). I ate shit about 1/2 mile from the start when someone on a kawaski banged bars with me, we both went down and all I saw was a green front fender :evil: After kicking my bike for what seemed like minutes I noticed no-one else was flying by, I was dead last :lol: :lol: I passed a few peeps up but the whoops beat me to death and I sucked bad towards the end.

Some trippy things that happened were Ty Davis breaking down practically in front of me in the sat pro race, he said his FI took a shit (again). Me and a buddy pushed him back to camp. He was NOT a happy camper :(

A guy in the team pro race munched it in front of me and arlybeer, he was tapped in 4th and just lost it on the whoops and went over the bars. As soon as he hit the ground we were there helping, he was screaming his lungs out, he compound fractured his upper arm bone and broke his wrist, it was the most serious injury Ive ever seen on a bike and honestly fukin gross seing bone sticking out. It took about 20 mins for the paramedics to show up and the another 15 to get him out of the desert.

All in all as usual a BITCHIN WEEKEND!

Oh yea and I beat ya dns :wink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Sounds like a bitchin good time!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

cruised up to adelanto friday night with a few buddies to do the race. met up with brit at his camp site. we rode down to the sign ups under a full moon with no real lights on my bike. we almost missed the cut off for sign ups due to one of my buddies that could not get his 2 month old ktm 530 started (and they give us crap about starting a 2 stroke) oh ya and i think brit got lost getting there cuz it took us 30+ minutes to get there, when the ride back was only 5 minutes :). got back to camp and swaped stories. brit broke out the beer bong which was put into use right away (brits got the pics). later that night arlybber showed up. we got up at 530 and froze our butts off getting ready for our 730 race...redrocket showed up that morning as well. got to the race and got started....at shit about 2 miles into it which somehow i broke a toe,got back up and rode with nobother on the toe. i was able to finish the race, which was amazing for my fat ass (i think the only people i finished ahead of was some 10 year old girl and a few crash victims :lol: ). got back to camp and began the drinking with boys. arlybeer passed out by 11:30AM!!! (yes AM) whats up with that!!!! (im proud of you brit..you didnt pass out, at one point i thought you were going to follow arlybeer)

we continued to watch the race and drink for the rest of the afternoon. someone started to roost the boys...so i joined in on the fun as well as some pit bike riding.

i must say its going to be tough to match the fun we had in adelanto. i will be there again when there is another one.

BTW the guy passed out on brits truck got fully roosted

britincali

Post by britincali »

Owned ya on the roost off!!!!!

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

i had so much dirt in my hair and ears from that crap!! :lol: :lol:
britincali

Post by britincali »

Arlen just called, he stopped off to get x-rays on the way home and has a fractured collarbone, we have casualties!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

was that from riding or when he was fell out of his chair from the spins!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Grins, from start to finish; starting with finding Brit at 06:15 complete with pre-race beer and smoke. Unclassified "race" at 07:30 was great because the track was not so cut up and had a lot of fun going back and forth with teamdns' buddy on his KTM 530 - until he got a flat. The Motorplex part wasn't as do or die as I had thought so jumped some stuff, but unlike arlybeer didn't have the nuts to do the water jump. Got in 2 laps and then it was back to camp. Team brit apparently has now raced for the day and out comes the beers, beer bong, Jager and assorted pharms. Much fun is had by all except the clean-living San Clemente contingent that have to race again at 11:00. 40+ Front row entry turns into mid-pack start due to nerves, but keep a good pace; pass some, get passed by some. They let 90 folks go in one wave so the first couple of miles are a bit cheeky. It is now officially whooped up and in places real dusty. The Honda flat out hauls on the asphalt and flat dirt and even though I am tapped out with the MX gearing I can make some places back. Unlike last year hit my braking points and actually keep out of the hay bales. Short-shift in the sandy bits and just try and hold on. Start actually watching the faster guys, using their lines and avoid the biggest holes. Start going a bit quicker, but I am now really shagged out. And the bonus prize is a 3rd lap! Now all I am thinking about is not letting my uber-fit neighbor who started 90 spots back as a late entry actually catch me. Just as he is closing, I am suddenly out of gas despite a pre-race top-off. Faster pace, small tank? Disappointing, but the bike started and ran so good after all the hassles of last year, I can't be anything than thrilled. 'Til next year!
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Great report Mike, I fell like I was there!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

very nice! Are they going to have it again next year?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Hopefully!

Im sore as hell today, I could'nt even get my socks on this morning.....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

...shows you can get a good start on a Service Honda!
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
britincali

Post by britincali »

Cool vid, he got a shit load more air than I did in the MX park, I fagged out and rolled everything :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

britincali wrote:Cool vid, he got a shit load more air than I did in the MX park, I fagged out and rolled everything :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Im sore as hell today, I could'nt even get my socks on this morning.....
Not enough training, but you'll be fine by saturday. :lol:

Did they use the two big jumps on the south side of the track?
Those are pretty fun, especially the second one, depending on how it was laid out.

Thats a good video, to bad those were only still shots of the mx part.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote:I fagged out and rolled everything :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Brit, as far as you have come in a year.... dont even worry about it !
britincali

Post by britincali »

iggys-amsoil wrote:
Did they use the two big jumps on the south side of the track?
Those are pretty fun, especially the second one, depending on how it was laid out.

Nope they wern't there.

The only jumps aside from the MX part was 2 road crossings some of the fast guys were clearing those, I was just bunny hopping :wink:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Bunny hopping. Thats how it all starts. Your young and ballzy it'll come.
Steiner 311

Post by Steiner 311 »

Swarm Global had Kyle Hucklebridge #026 finish 5th in the Pro Class Open, and Corey Rolin #025 finish 16th. We also had a strong finish (top 10 for sure) in the Pro Team race as well as the Amtr Team race. Still awaiting final results, but all in all great finishes for us and I'm proud of all my riders that busted serious balls to keep their throttles wide open! I'll post some pics as soon as my wife gets back from the ranch.

Jas.....................................................................................................
"Practice does NOT make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect!"
britincali

Post by britincali »

Heres my pics....

Got stuck on the way in :cry:

The guys...

Notice the thing stuck to my truck wheel?

Someone likes spending time on his knees.....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

HAHA that one picture looks like arlan i and where pissing on that kid!!
Steiner 311

Post by Steiner 311 »

teamdns wrote:HAHA that one picture looks like arlan i and where pissing on that kid!!
I thought you were!

Worst I'd do is piss in his pipe.........No Brit, not that pipe!

Jas.....................................................................................................
"Practice does NOT make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect!"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Which guy got a good night sleep, is fresh, and ready to ride...... and which two didnt...

:roll:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Steiner 311 wrote:Swarm Global had Kyle Hucklebridge #026 finish 5th in the Pro Class Open, and Corey Rolin #025 finish 16th. Jas.....................................................................................................

SWEET!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Last edited by britincali on February 26th, 2008, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok