STARRS Supermoto

Who beat who?

chachi243

STARRS Supermoto

Post by chachi243 »

Well guys, round 2 was on sunday at willow springs horse thief mile... a bunch of pro guys showed up to race the premier classes (250,450, and pro) and there was a pretty good turnout of regulars as well.... the minimoto160 was insane to watch as these young guys battled on built 2 stroke superminis and new 150R thumpers... those kids haul the mail, anyway.. i won the intermediatte points chase last year (only won one race but plenty of podiums) so this year i am no longer eligible to run intermediatte.... so i entered vet 30+ (i'm 35). There were maybe 15 guys, all skill levels as it is an age bracket class....and anyway i ended up winning. There were a few tense moments though as i had to battle my way to the front, and there is a downhill 5th gear pinned (14-39) 100+mph straightaway that will thrill even seasoned riders... but my new 500 conversion (the only one in the pits) was awesome to ride. I wasnt trying to post this to brag about my racing , but more to just say that my new 05 CR250 conversion is WAYYYYYY easier to ride than my 02 450 conversion that i raced all last year and retired to street duties.....the 250 2 stroke package is so crisp and nimble and wheelies anytime anywhere in any gear...... it was great. The weather was fantastic and i cant think of anything id rather be doing than laying down some big black greasers off the dunlop rear slick on my 500 2 stroke. I would have to say to anyone considering a conversion that the 2 stroke platform is hard to beat in the handling department compared to the 250F/450F conversions i have built and ridden. of course that being said, i am 5'7" and 165# so i suppose the bigger guys could muscle the 450 platform easier than i could but if you arent a great big tall guy and it isnt an ergonomics issue, the CR250R conversion is the cat's meow. :D
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Sweet! Congrats on the win!
chachi243

Post by chachi243 »

thanks! my new bike worked sweet!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

:cool:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

:woot:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice job bro
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
chachi243

not my helmet but

Post by chachi243 »

a lap of the track ridden clockwise as seen through a fellow vet competitor.... notice the kitty litter streak on the asphalt ...where another 4 stroke went boom... was mad fun trying not to crash when crossing that "stripe" through that corner as it exits uphill (the first big downhill one).... the said linky http://www.vholdr.com/node/786
Thanks for the kind words guys
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

sabreguy wrote::woot:
:woot: :woot::woot::woot:
chachi243

found the start and 1 lap of the vet30+main

Post by chachi243 »

Mike posted another video....thats my new 5 hundee comin' on the pipe! actually it lifted on the launch so i had to blip it shut and roll into it again....then it went zoom! I am in the bright white helmet! you can see in the big LH sweeper, the trail of kitty litter (blown motor) where my line "changed" when i hit it and i slid to the very edge of the track.....way funnnn!!!!!!!!!!!! the link: http://www.vholdr.com/node/767