Rekluse Z-Start Automatic Clutch

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
ouch360

Rekluse Z-Start Automatic Clutch

Post by ouch360 »

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product ... icleSelect

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/images/ ... ut_clu.jpg

What ya think? Thinking about it fer my next clutch. Any body have any goods er bads on it? :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
!!OUCH - Being the best is easy when its already in you!!
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

I own one but never used it,I hear mixed reviews. The guy who sold me mine was a pro and he did not like it but these were the older models and not the PRO VERSION.

I know of a product called GTA fuel enhancer and this stuff is amazing it really makes the motor make more torque and run better all around. On my CR500 with the head cut for race gas and a V force reed cage you could take off in 5th gear with not more than half throotle and it would pull 14 48 gearing and go with little fuss with me on it and I am over 300 pounds. With those mods the torque is incredible but it does not really make more HP because the Vforce restricts air on top.

I think with this set up and a Zstart you may be able in alot of conditions have a one speed racer as in no shifting but the clutch would probably not like it.

The torque is that big of a difference to where like on a stock 500 you have to go down to 3rd you can just leave the bike in 5th and it will pull it so those mods with a Zstart could take you to another level of riding in tight stuff in theory.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Slow old Fart wrote:....you could take off in 5th gear with not more than half throotle...

Bigtime!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Unless your running 12/60 gearing I agree BS 100%
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

No you will not believe how much more torque it makes even with 14 48 gearing, Dredge saw me doing 5th gear take offs the first time I took my gen 4 out. A guy was telling me his CRf 450 made more torque than my CR 500 so I showed him my 500 would take off in 5th easily and I believe 14 48 may be taller than stock. with 14 50 or 51 you could have a 1speed racer.

The V force with the head cut really makes a good bit of torque by it self then when you add the GTA it is like double what those mods do.

Jack rode it and could not believe how much torque it made.

On a stock motor the motor will run better and start easier but once you cut the head for 110 or 105 race gas and add GTA it makes it like a diesel truck but rev is down.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Slow old Fart wrote:.

Jack rode it and could not believe how much torque it made.
It made "Mortorque"?
:wink:

YouTube it man..... I gotta see this.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I can smell the clutch burning already.......
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

Who knows when I will get around to it, i f someone has a Vforce all they have to do is cut the head to like 55cc and my topend was super new with killer compression more than a new Cr500 real good seal then with the head cut it is like break the cases compression but I never do because I because I owned a 84 n 85 and am used to it.

It really does not cook the clutch that bad because it really does have that much pull to where you can engage pretty quick. You cannot do a 5th gear starts like for racing but I bett you can do a 4th with a normal size rider.

I also had a 39.5 carb but that actually lowers torque. Once you cut the head and make the motor run stout again it begs for a bigger carb to get the revs back.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

looks just like the one my old go-cart had!
I blew up 3 briggs&straton motors in that thing! I don't need to stinkin governor!!! HAHA
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ouch360

Post by ouch360 »

wow didnt think this would be that exciting - - - I think I may have to sit back and "watch" for a while.

If the thing really worked that'ed be cool. I really only do trail riding and 24 hour enduro races. So some of the torque issues and gearing arnt such a big deal - and I'm 5'11'' and only 180lbs - my set up is basicly pulling itself.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

ouch360 wrote:wow didnt think this would be that exciting - - - I think I may have to sit back and "watch" for a while.

If the thing really worked that'ed be cool. I really only do trail riding and 24 hour enduro races. So some of the torque issues and gearing arnt such a big deal - and I'm 5'11'' and only 180lbs - my set up is basicly pulling itself.
Ouch360, Matt had one.
Remember him? He's the one to your right.
He took it out.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
ouch360

Post by ouch360 »

Thank you - MO - your post has the exact type of info I was lookin for. He does the same type riding I like to do and he's a hell of a lot better at it then me :)
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ok so where is the link to this GTA stuff and where is the MSDS on it?

You just can't get away with this stuff without proof.
ouch360

Post by ouch360 »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Ok so where is the link to this GTA stuff and where is the MSDS on it?

You just can't get away with this stuff without proof.
http://www.apdinc.com/additive.htm

ok now for the MSDS- - - -

1. IDENTIFICATION
IDENTITY: GTA Fuel Additive (Viscon) Manufacturer: GTA Technologies, Inc. CHEMICAL NAME: Aliphatic Hydrocarbon (CAS# 64742-47-8) DOT Class: Combustible Liquid < 5% Polyalphaolefin Polymer

2. HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS
This product is hazardous as defined in 29 CFR 1910.1200.
OSHA HAZARD - Combustible Liquid PRODUCT IS NOT RESTRICTED

3. FIRE AND EXPLOSION DATA
Flash Point: 149o F - Method: TCC-ASTM D56 NOTE: Approximate
Autoignition Temperature: > 392o F - ASTM D-2155 Flammable or Explosive Limits (%in air): LEL - 1.4 % UEL - 9.3 % NOTE: Approximate

General Hazard: Combustible liquid, can form combustible mixtures at temperatures at or above the flashpoint.

Static Discharge, material can accumulate static charges that can cause an incendiary electrical discharge.

"Empty" containers retain product residue (liquid and/or vapor) and can be dangerous. DO NOT pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose such containers to heat, flame, sparks, static electricity, or other sources of ignition. CONTAINERS MAY EXPLODE AND CAUSE INJURY OR DEATH. Empty drums should be completely drained, property bunged and promptly returned to a drum reconditioner, or properly disposed of.

Fire Fighting: Use water spray to cool fire exposed surfaces and to protect personnel. Isolate "fuel" supply from fire. Use foam, dry chemical, or water spray to extinguish fire. Avoid spraying water directly into storage containers due to danger of boilover.

This liquid is volatile and gives off invisible vapors. Either the liquid or vapor may settle in low areas or travel some distance along the ground or surface to ignition sources where they may ignite or explode.

Decomposition Products Under Fire Conditions: Not unusual.

4. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Land Spill: Eliminate sources of ignition. Prevent additional discharge of material, if possible to do so without hazard. For small spills, implement cleanup procedures. For large spills implement cleanup procedures, and if in public area, keep public away and advise authorities. Also, if this product is subject to CERCLA reporting (See Regulatory Information) notify the National Response Center.

Prevent liquid from entering sewers, watercourses or low areas. Contain spilled liquid with sand or earth. Do not use combustible materials such as sawdust.

Recover by pumping (use an explosion proof or hand pump) or with a suitable absorbent.

Consult an expert on disposal of recovered materials and ensure conformity to local disposal regulations.

Water Spill: Eliminate sources of ignition. Warn occupants and shipping in surrounding and downwind areas of fire and explosion hazard and request all to stay clear.

Remove from surface by skimming or with suitable adsorbents. If allowed by local authorities and environmental agencies, sinking and/or suitable dispersants may be used in non-confined waters. Consult an expert on disposal of recovered material and ensure conformity to local disposal regulations.

5. HEALTH HAZARD DATA
Eye Contact: Slightly irritating but does not injure eye tissue.

Skin Contact: Low order of toxicity. Frequent or prolonged contact may irritate and cause dermatitis. Skin contact may aggravate an existing dermatitis condition.

Inhalation: High vapor/aerosol concentrations (greater than approximately 1000 ppm) are irritating to the eyes and the respiratory tract, may cause headaches, dizziness, anesthesia, drowsiness, unconsciousness, and other central nervous system effects, including death.

Ingestion: Small amounts of this product aspirated into the respiratory system during ingestion or vomiting may cause mild to severe pulmonary injury, possibly progressing to death. Minimal toxicity.

Emergency and First Aid Procedures:
Eye Contact: Flush eyes with large amounts of water until irritation subsides. If irritation persists, get medical attention.

Skin Contact: Flush with large amounts of water, use soap if available. Remove grossly contaminated clothing, including shoes and launder before reuse.

Inhalation: Using proper respiratory protection, immediately remove the affected victim from exposure. Administer artificial respiration if breathing is stopped. Keep at rest. Call for prompt medical attention.

Ingestion: If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Keep at rest.Get prompt medical attention.

6. STORAGE AND HANDLING
Electrostatic Accumulation Hazard: Yes, use proper bonding and/or grounding procedure. Additional information regarding safe handling of products with static accumulation potential can be ordered by contacting the American Petroleum Institute (API) for API Recommended Practice 2003, entitled "Protection Against Ignitions Arising Out of Static, Lighting, and Stray Currents" (American Petroleum Institute, 1220 L Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005), or the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) for NFPA 77 entitled "Static Electricity" (National Fire Protection Association, 1 Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101, Quincy, MA 02269-9101).

Storage Temperature, Deg F: Ambient
Loading/Unloading Temperature, Deg F: Ambient
Storage/Transport Pressure, mmHg: Atmospheric
Loading/Unloading Viscosity, cSt: 1.6

Storage and Handling: Keep container closed. Handle and open containers with care. Store in a cool and well ventilated place away from incompatible materials. DO NOT handle or store near an open flame, heat or other sources of ignition. Protect material from direct sunlight.

Material will accumulate static charges that may cause an electrical spark (ignition source). Use proper bonding and/or grounding procedures. DO NOT pressurize, cut, heat, or weld containers. Empty product containers may contain product residue. DO NOT reuse empty containers without commercial cleaning or reconditioning.

7. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION
Exposure Controls: The use of mechanical dilution ventilation is recommended whenever this product is used in a confined space, is heated above ambient temperatures, or is agitated.

Personal Protection: For open systems where contact is likely, wear safety glasses with side shields, long sleeves, and chemical resistant gloves. Where contact may occur, wear safety glasses with side shields. Where concentrations in air may exceed the limits given in this Section and engineering, work practice or other means of exposure reduction are not adequate, NIOSH/MSHA approved respirators may be necessary to prevent overexposure by inhalation.

Workplace Exposure Guidelines: GTA RECOMMENDS THE FOLLOWING OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS: 300 ppm total hydrocarbon based on composition.

8. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
SPECIFIC GRAVITY at Deg F: 0.79 at 60
VAPOR PRESSURE, mmHg at Deg F: 1 at 100 approximately
SOLUBILITY IN WATER, wt. % at Deg F: Less than 0.10 at 68
VISCOSITY OF LIQUID, cSt at Deg F: 1.6 at 77
SP. GRAV. OF VAPOR, at 1 atm (Air=1): Greater than 1.00
FREEZING/MELTING POINT, Deg F: Less than - 4
EVAPORATION RATE, n-Bu Acetate=1: 0.1
BOILING POINT, Deg F: 365 to 430 approximately

9. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Stability: Stable
Conditions to Avoid Instability: Not applicable
Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur
Conditions to Avoid Hazardous Polymerization: Not applicable
Materials and Conditions to Avoid Incompatibility: Strong oxidizing agents
Hazardous Decomposition Products: None

10. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Department of Transportation (DOT):
DOT SHIPPING DESCRIPTION: PETROLEUM DISTILLATE, N.O.S., COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID, UN 1268, III.
Note: In containers of 119 gallons capacity or less, this product is not regulated by DOT.

11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Please refer to Section 5 for available information on potential health effects.

12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
No specific ecological data are available for this product. Please refer to Section 4 for information regarding accidental releases and Section 14 for regulatory reporting information.

13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
Please refer to Sections 3, 4 and 14 for disposal and regulatory information.

14. REGULATORY INFORMATION
TSCA: This product is listed on the TSCA Inventory at CAS Registry Number 64742-47-8.

Clean Water Act/Oil Pollution Act: This product is classified as an oil under Section 311 of the Clean Water Act (40 CFR 110) and the Oil Pollution Act of 1990. Discharge or spills which produce a visible sheen on either surface water, or in waterways/sewers which lead to surface water, must be reported to the National Response Center at (800) 424-8802.

CERCLA: If this product is accidentally spilled, it is not subject to any special reporting under the requirements of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act. We recommend you contact local authorities to determine if there may be other local reporting requirements.

SARA TITLE III: Under the provisions of Title III, Sections 311/312 of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act, this product is classified into the following hazard categories: Fire.

This information may be subject to the provisions of the Community Right-to-Know Reporting Requirements (40 CFR 370) if threshold quantity criteria are met.

15. OTHER INFORMATION

Hazard Rating Systems:
This information is for people trained in: National Paint & Coatings Association’s (NPCA), Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 704), Identification of the Fire Hazards of Materials

NPCA-HMIS NFPA 704 KEY

Health 1 1 4 = Severe
Flammability 2 2 3 = Serious
Reactivity 0 0 2 - Moderate
1 = Slight
0 = Minimal

The information in this data sheet is believed to be accurate. However, each purchaser should make its own test to determine the suitability of the product for its purposes. GTA TECHNOLOGIES, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT and assumes no responsibility for any risk or liability arising from the use of the information or the product. Statements about the product should not be construed as recommendations to use the product in infringement of any patent.