ATK 700 at the dealer show in Indy

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
tadiv

ATK 700 at the dealer show in Indy

Post by tadiv »

I was at the dealer show in Indy today and was surprised that ATK actually had a 700 2stroke in SM trim on display! From what I understand (they kept hinting at crap the entire time, but would actually say nothing) they are actually close to putting that Cannondale crap behind them and ready to move on with fun stuff. The jug looked like a prototype casting to me, but they claim to be closer than that. They even threw out a 2 week window for a new site with all the "information". The rest of the bike looked production ready, but hade a normal steel frame while their other bikes sported stainless frames.

Sorry, but I did not take my camera as I expected to see only parts and such, actual bike manufacturers (outside of the China junk) never really show much here as aftermarket stuff is the big deal here.

I have not been following them much, but from what I did overhear is the frame is almost a carbon copy of the CR250 (steel frame) and some of their guys talking about using Maico parts getting used/imported. An after thought is the plastic did look like some Maico's that I saw online recently.

Who knows???
Go that way real fast, and if something gets in your way...............

Turn.