Dirt Rider Torture Test

Upcoming Events:

Congrates to Team Peterson for a great 2010 season!!!
rpeterson

Dirt Rider Torture Test

Post by rpeterson »

Just returned from the Torture Test and it was great for the hillclimb. The conditions were awesome from the storms we just had. Kevin and I showed up at 8 am this morning and met with Karel Kraemer. He said that there are various tests today, go over where the NAHA climb was & riders will start showing up with bikes. So, the first hill they showed me was way to easy and we ended up selecting a more difficult run to give the bikes a good test, but at the sametime not tear them up. The first bike that shows up is a 250xcf KTM and it had a card that I punched for the rider to show that he came through the test. He got two shots at the hill and so did I. We kept the format and hill for all the riders and there were alot of guys that were real impressive and some mmm not. At the end of the day I rode a total of 14 bikes, everything from a 2 Wheel drive Christini KTM to an Aprilla. Lots of cool stuff to climb and awesome watching some of the best Off Road Riders tear it up. :D Caselli and Metzger were doing these 180 airs that were absolutely jaw dropping, I hope they send those photos to print. The mag should be out in a couple of months.

* Favorite bike all day?
KTM 300 xc (two stroke electric start)

*Least Favorite?
Aprilla

*Coolest Bike?
Christini 2 Wheel Drive KTM 250 xc (two Stroke)

Tests:
Escargot (timed circle)
Impossible Hillclimb? (over or footage)
Drag Hillclimb (time)
Radar Gun
Grand Prix
MX
Enduro Cross
Trail
Sound (96 db)

Kevin @ the bottom of the test hill:

Hillclimb Demo:

Caselli 180 air off the bottom of the NAHA hill:

Damon Huffman airing it out & most impressive at the hillclimb test in my opinion:

Enduro Cross Course:

Hung Up! I didn't make it to the end. Caselli was the best and made it in 1min 24 sec.

Lots a mud:

Some of the Industry Contributors
Red Bull:

Kawasaki:

Aprilla:

KTM:

Moose:

Jimmy Lewis DR Main Man:

"Mr. Endurocross" Mike Metzger:

Kurt Caselli:

Geoff Aaron Trials Champion:

David Knights Factory KTM:

RP
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Dirt Rider Torture Test

Post by AlisoBob »

rpeterson wrote: *Least Favorite?
Aprilla

*Coolest Bike?
Christini 2 Wheel Drive KTM 250 xc (two Stroke)
Aprilla... Why?

Christini.... Full report please...

:wink:
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Way cool....
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
britincali

Post by britincali »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Cool RP!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

The Aprilla had a great motor, but it was real top heavy, the clutch was gone at the top of the hill, took 5 runs at it and couldn't make it. The Aprilla never saw the summit all day. A little extension would have helped. :lol: The only other bike I didn't make the hill with was the Honda 250 XF. Partly my fault with bad line choice, but it didn't have much juice! Honda test rider Tim Weigand made it over his second attempt. Ouch! :oops: Christini was cool because Geoff Aaron brought it up and said it was geared a little tall and to run it in 1st. Sure Jeff whatever, is what I thought in my head and I put it in second. :D The bike ripped out of the hole and when I came up to the middle I had to get in to the clutch. I decided to down shift on one of the steepest part of the hill and usually the bikes light up pretty hard there. This time the thing pulled like it did on the start, but in the middle of the hill and I was pretty damn impressed. Don't know if I would run it or if it would ba a great advantage for winning races, but it sure was fun to ride.

RP
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thanks Robie..
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Very cool RP. Sweet pics.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Glen Helen, Very :cool:

Hey I've used that wash rack before. :shock: :cool: Usually park right next to it.
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Kevin just emailed me this photo of Metzger doing the 180 Air as Caselli packs the lip down, Karel Kraemer is getting the shot for DR and I'm just watching and learning.

RP
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

rpeterson wrote:The Aprilla had a great motor, but it was real top heavy, the clutch was gone at the top of the hill, took 5 runs at it and couldn't make it. The Aprilla never saw the summit all day. A little extension would have helped. :lol: The only other bike I didn't make the hill with was the Honda 250 XF. Partly my fault with bad line choice, but it didn't have much juice! Honda test rider Tim Weigand made it over his second attempt. Ouch! :oops: Christini was cool because Geoff Aaron brought it up and said it was geared a little tall and to run it in 1st. Sure Jeff whatever, is what I thought in my head and I put it in second. :D The bike ripped out of the hole and when I came up to the middle I had to get in to the clutch. I decided to down shift on one of the steepest part of the hill and usually the bikes light up pretty hard there. This time the thing pulled like it did on the start, but in the middle of the hill and I was pretty damn impressed. Don't know if I would run it or if it would ba a great advantage for winning races, but it sure was fun to ride.

RP
Hey Robbie what ever happned to those 700cc German 2 smokers you were using for hill climbs I think it was called a Zabel. How exspensive are they to keep going? thanks!
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Ahh, The 700cc Zabel. Sweeeeet bike in its time for me. I won a few races on that that bad boy. They are pretty reliable motors that make a considerable amount of power. I sold my bikes to a guy back east and my cuz had the other one, but just sold it last year. All the left over motors ATK bought from Zabel and are putting them in the these bikes. http://www.atkusa.com/ProductsIntimidator.aspx You can contact Zabel direct through their website for info. also. http://www.zabel-racing.de/

RP
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

rpeterson wrote:Ahh, The 700cc Zabel. Sweeeeet bike in its time for me. I won a few races on that that bad boy. They are pretty reliable motors that make a considerable amount of power. I sold my bikes to a guy back east and my cuz had the other one, but just sold it last year. All the left over motors ATK bought from Zabel and are putting them in the these bikes. http://www.atkusa.com/ProductsIntimidator.aspx You can contact Zabel direct through their website for info. also. http://www.zabel-racing.de/

RP
Thanks, weren't you on a nitro KTM ? have you seen the Saber tooth 5oo KIT ? 100 HP on gas and 175 with a turbo and that is rear wheel HP out of a single.
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Yes, I ride a 950 Nitro Injected KTM, a 690 LC4 and a 450 SXF for Hillclimbing. My practice bike is a 505 SXF. I haven't seen that kit before, but it sounds like it puts out HP for sure.

RP