Swingarm is toast on a stick

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
Exnav

Swingarm is toast on a stick

Post by Exnav »

On the 98' 250 I bought for a conversion, some meathead twisted off the right side chain tensioner bolt. To make matters worse, they also broke an easy out off in the bolt too. I welded a nut to what is left of the bolt, but there is not enough left to hold it and it just twists off.

I am out of ideas.......anyone got a fix to this?

Been looking on fleabay, but no 1st Gen swingarms and new is 500 bucks.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

did you weld some build up on that bolt or just try to weld a nut directly to it???

You can try a left handed drill bit w/ a little map gas and see if it gets hot enough to loosen..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

ISBB wrote:did you weld some build up on that bolt or just try to weld a nut directly to it???

You can try a left handed drill bit w/ a little map gas and see if it gets hot enough to loosen..
Did both and it still is locked in there.

The good news is that same year CR125 uses the same swingarm so I have found something usable on the bay of e.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Well here is the latest in this saga.

Received the piece that I bought off Ebay and both tensioner bolts are twisted off. I specifically asked the seller about the condition of said bolts before I purchased and was assured that they were in excellent condition. Granted, they are twisted off closer to where the hex end would be and likely will be able to be removed, but it cooks my ass that it was misrepresented in the first place.

So now I will find a machinist that can remove these for me and take a crack at the original swingarm as well. I have bought quite a bit off Ebay and this is my first not good experience. Guess I should fell lucky this hasn't happened before.