Where can i find a list of every part that is needed to assemble a 01 cr500 engine. Cheers

Everything fuel spark and hard part regarding the engine. OEM, Aftermarket and custom.
Olmate

Where can i find a list of every part that is needed to assemble a 01 cr500 engine. Cheers

Post by Olmate »

Ridden a 03 Cr250 for the past ten years and thought it was time to step up. Going to attempt to assemble a 01 cr500 engine to put in the frame of my bike. Iv got the cases and Got a cylinder and head coming the clutch n that but I think I may of bitten off more then I can chew... If someone could point me in the direction of a list of all the parts I need to assemble one of these engines it would help me a lot.
Thanks for your time and sorry if iv posted this in the wrong place or whatever.
cowboyona426

Re: Where can i find a list of every part that is needed to assemble a 01 cr500 engine. Cheers

Post by cowboyona426 »

Your best bet is something like www.partsfish.com to find a breakdown of all the parts. You're going to run into issues finding some stuff (transmission parts are getting hard to come by).
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
Kuma

Re: Where can i find a list of every part that is needed to assemble a 01 cr500 engine. Cheers

Post by Kuma »

just my opinion, but it seems it would be much easier and cheaper to locate an engine off of ebay or the forum then do a rebuild
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Olmate

Post by Olmate »

Thanks for the link. And yeah I fully agree with you about finding a second hand engine but I couldn't find any that I thought were worth investing in. Like give it 5 years and I probably would of replaced every component in a second hand engine anyway so I just thought, I know it's going to be a bit of a mission to do but atleast il know that everything is fresh and new and I'm not just inheriting someone elses problems u know.

Could u tell me what u think are the best mods/performance upgrades are for this engine and also if you think there is a part or parts that are better then the oem ones like for example.. I don't particularly want to get a stock cylinder.. I'd like one that's been ported n that.
But yeah any info is greatly appreciated :)
Thanks again