89 CR500 for sale, CA

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
Matt Fisher

89 CR500 for sale, CA

Post by Matt Fisher »

Pictures:
https://visalia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/19 ... 54589.html[/img]

I have the complete original front end (forks, wheelset, triple clamps, etc) and shock, both have been refreshed with new seals, fluid, etc. It can be put back to stock in an hour.

Currently on there is a complete 03 CR250 front end and a 96 CR shock with a late model YZ piston adapted to it. All professionally sprung and valved for a 160 pound really slow guy. 2 rides on the suspension; SKF seals, new bumpstop, etc. It was done right. I can have the suspension revalved and resprung for the new owner.

39.5mm Keihin carb, flywheel weight, PC pipe and silencer. Yep, it's stupid fast. IMS pegs, MSR shifter, Pro Taper bars with ASV brake lever. Prior owner rebuilt the motor, very low hours on it.
Tank and shrouds are OEM, with a pair of well worn OEM side panels included. Also comes with a carbon fiber pipe guard.

Not getting out of riding, still have a YZ250 and a KX125. On our local track the five hunny is like a caged animal, particularly with my slow butt lightly twisting the throttle. Maybe come fall I'll kick myself when out in the desert, but for now I think someone else can appreciate this beast better than I can.

I'm in central CA, but will be in Culver City on Aug 5th and can bring the 500 down with me if there is a buyer.
Stunned Mullet

Re: 89 CR500 for sale, CA

Post by Stunned Mullet »

Do you still have the bike? I am in fresno. 559-288-1220. I am interested.