Rookie rider of an 84

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Novice78

Rookie rider of an 84

Post by Novice78 »

My name is Nick. I currently reside in the upstate of South Carolina. I'm a welder. I really don't know too much about working on dirtbikes, but I grew up riding them. I had a Suzuki 50 4 wheeler when I was 4 and moved on to an XR 100 a little later on. I don't remember either of those bikes ever breaking down. I had a CR 125 a little later on in my teens. I graduated to a ZX6R when I was 19 and could go get the loan for it. I always wanted a CR 500 growing up, but I remember being very intimidateded by the big bore 2 strokes and I couldn't have afforded one anyway. Well, I just got my hands on an 84. The paint on the frame is just now showing a little ware. I honestly think the bike sat in a barn or shed the majority of its life. It's no garage queen, but everything is original and still feels tight. The breaks and clutch feel amazing. The bike goes like stink and hits so hard that it scares the shit outta me but makes me want more and more. I love that damn thing, but she's a pain in the butt to get started. Just bought it today and it has year old gas in it and could probably use a spark plug. The suspension feels good, but the fork seals look horrible. Original owner flipped the bike and bent the back fender and the silencer, but that all I can see that's wrong with it. I guess it could use a new set of handle bars, but that's about it. I'll probably replace those 2 or 3 items and clean her up as nicely as I can and leave her alone. She's a beautiful bike and a dream come true. Ill post pictures as soon as possible. Thanks