I rode the Timbersled

Rhino89523

I rode the Timbersled

Post by Rhino89523 »

O.K. so I got everything all together and took it for its maiden voyage. I will try to post the video of the first 20 seconds of me on a snowbike later. My initial thoughts were find a meadow and get used to the thing and shake out any bugs. Well we don't have a lot of snow right now under 8000' so I went to a spot that was an absolute zoo. I ended up down the road a ways at a spot that I thought was illegal but a ranger told me I am cool there and gave me a map. The only problem was there was no meadow it started off with a hop over a 4' snowbank and straight up the side of a tracked out hill. WTF guess I'll just go for it. My friend was there and was filming to catch the carnage....well the carnage never happened. I got it up the hill and as soon as I hit powder this thing is like riding a dirtbike in the clouds. It was really fun and really easy. The 500 pulls the track pretty good and I was able to do stuff that guys who had been riding snowmobiles for 30 years couldn't do. The thing turns killer, it was fun to jump, fun to rip through the trees, fun to bank turns...just fun. After riding it for about 10 minutes and getting a feel for it hardpack is no problem...It feels like riding a 3 wheeler on the street. A little heavy on the steering but totally manageable and no problem. I had arm pump the first 5 minutes from grabbing it so hard and then I got used to it and just cruised.

I came back and let my friend take it for a spin....he is a ripping dirtbike rider and he had the same results. It took him about 30 seconds to sort of figure it out and then just did whatever he wanted and came back with a huge grin. He grew up in Switzerland, he is a swiss, I think they know a thing or two about snow. He rips on Ski's and on a snowboard he is one of those kind of guys who is just good at everything he touches. His words were "this thing blows my mind, I have never busted powder on anything like this, this thing will go anywhere" his thoughts were the same as mine.

I like it so much better than a snowmobile. I am not sure if it was conditions or riders that didn't know how to ride that well, but this thing was doing snowmobiles. You can sidehill with ease turn wherever you want with full control. The thing is a riot.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thats awesome news!
We have snow like we haven't in 10 years or more, bad year to have not pulled the trigger on a track kit!
cowboyona426

Re: I rode the Timbersled

Post by cowboyona426 »

Rhino89523 wrote:O.K. so I got everything all together and took it for its maiden voyage. I will try to post the video of the first 20 seconds of me on a snowbike later. My initial thoughts were find a meadow and get used to the thing and shake out any bugs. Well we don't have a lot of snow right now under 8000' so I went to a spot that was an absolute zoo. I ended up down the road a ways at a spot that I thought was illegal but a ranger told me I am cool there and gave me a map. The only problem was there was no meadow it started off with a hop over a 4' snowbank and straight up the side of a tracked out hill. WTF guess I'll just go for it. My friend was there and was filming to catch the carnage....well the carnage never happened. I got it up the hill and as soon as I hit powder this thing is like riding a dirtbike in the clouds. It was really fun and really easy. The 500 pulls the track pretty good and I was able to do stuff that guys who had been riding snowmobiles for 30 years couldn't do. The thing turns killer, it was fun to jump, fun to rip through the trees, fun to bank turns...just fun. After riding it for about 10 minutes and getting a feel for it hardpack is no problem...It feels like riding a 3 wheeler on the street. A little heavy on the steering but totally manageable and no problem. I had arm pump the first 5 minutes from grabbing it so hard and then I got used to it and just cruised.

I came back and let my friend take it for a spin....he is a ripping dirtbike rider and he had the same results. It took him about 30 seconds to sort of figure it out and then just did whatever he wanted and came back with a huge grin. He grew up in Switzerland, he is a swiss, I think they know a thing or two about snow. He rips on Ski's and on a snowboard he is one of those kind of guys who is just good at everything he touches. His words were "this thing blows my mind, I have never busted powder on anything like this, this thing will go anywhere" his thoughts were the same as mine.

I like it so much better than a snowmobile. I am not sure if it was conditions or riders that didn't know how to ride that well, but this thing was doing snowmobiles. You can sidehill with ease turn wherever you want with full control. The thing is a riot.
Isn't this sport just a kick in the pants?
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

So fun, I'm all about the snow now and I have been hating winter for 15 years.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

where are the pictures, the videos! you know what they say, if there are no pictures it didn't happen!

I hear you got a lot of snow this year, in your time up there have you ever seen more?
no one is talking about the drought being over :cry: , I'll bet that we get some warm spring rains that will melt a lot of the snow pack and see flooding in the valleys.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

We are getting some flooding now with a little rain storm. I have seen this much snow I think but it has been a few years for sure. A lot of the snow has been up in the higher elevation and I haven't really got much at the house. I have a few pictures but I'm not a great picture taker, I don't own a gopro because I'm not a hero. I'll try to take some more shots next time out....just got back from the Hoonfest Arizona session...great time, I almost forgot how to ride dirt!!!