Titanium Wrist Pin

Everything fuel spark and hard part regarding the engine. OEM, Aftermarket and custom.
cr500msv

Titanium Wrist Pin

Post by cr500msv »

Would you run a Ti wrist pin?

Especially if it was 33gr in weight! This is 27gr lighter then the 60gr steel!

Here is one of the two prototype Ti wrist pins MSV Racing has designed. Both designs are getting ready for FEA computer analysis testing.

Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster »

I'd let Adam run one on his bike first... If it didn't blow sky high then I might consider one :-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

I totally get not wanting to try one at first.

Here is why I am pursuing this and what my plan is:

In theory there will be less vibration, engine will be quicker reving, it will rev higher and produce more power, one because engine will rev higher and two because less power will be absorbed just to turn the rotating assembly. The higher the engine revs the more power is loss through just turning the rotating assembly at ever higher RPMs. Everything I have mentioned is fact in 4T applications and is theory with a 2T.

If FEA and my testing on N20 goes as planned and they are produced, they will by Cryo treated for added strength and DLC coated to add an ultra hard slick layer of material to withstand the rubbing action.

I will not even think of making them if they aren't at least 33% lighter then 60gr and have 85+% of the strength of OEM.
HoleshotAgain

Re: Titanium Wrist Pin

Post by HoleshotAgain »

Did it never materialize???

cr500msv wrote:Would you run a Ti wrist pin?

Especially if it was 33gr in weight! This is 27gr lighter then the 60gr steel!

Here is one of the two prototype Ti wrist pins MSV Racing has designed. Both designs are getting ready for FEA computer analysis testing.