using a rekluse in an 86

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
raceface311

using a rekluse in an 86

Post by raceface311 »

hello guys, i have an 86 that is all stock except for the 94 clutch cover i installed to replace the rotted water pump. after days of research im still foggy as to what i will need to fit a rekluse on my bike. it seems my 86 basket is the same as the 90+ bikes. the rekluse comes with its own inner hub, pressure plate, and steel plates. could it be that i only need the 90+ push rod, throw out bearing and spacer along with a new set of 90+ clutch fibers to make a rekluse work??? thank you in advance for your time, and my apologies if i missed a post addressing this already.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

you'll need the wider basket to make it fit.
raceface311

Post by raceface311 »

Originally I figured I would need a 90+ basket, but questioned the need for one when I saw a fiche that showed an 86 basket has been superseded to the 90+. Also I saw an auction from a large Honda dealer listing the same basket for 86-01 cr500. I'm assuming now, this means the 90+ basket fits as long as you also use the inner hub and push rod etc. With the wider basket.thank you again, your advice and time is appreciated.