MSV Racing CR500 Exhaust Manifolds

Everything fuel spark and hard part regarding the engine. OEM, Aftermarket and custom.
cr500msv

MSV Racing CR500 Exhaust Manifolds

Post by cr500msv »

MSV Racing CR500 exhaust manifolds are now for sale!

They fit 1985-2001 and are made of aerospace-grade billet 7075 T6-511 aluminum, which is twice as strong as the normal 6061 that most aluminum parts are made from. They are available in natural unpolished aluminum color or matte black Cerakote 2000*f ceramic coating, and come with the 4 high-temp O-rings installed. If replacement O-rings are ever needed, they will always be available through MSV Racing.

You can purchase these manifolds through PayPal using your bank account or credit card. Cost is $89.00 plus shipping. Buy 2 manifolds at regular price and get $5 off each additional manifold. This first batch of 49 will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. I will produce more when this run is getting low, so if you miss out, don't worry.
To purchase: EMAIL me at carracinjay@gmail.com with your first and last name, shipping address, number of manifolds being purchased and colors. I will email you back with total. Once funds are in my PayPal account they will be shipped promptly.

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Really surprised no one on here is jumping on these manifold or saying anything about them, so I thought I would post quotes from my first 2 customers.

Scott Boston- "I just got back from a test ride and am very stoked, I followed the instructions and it went together perfectly, I am running a new FMF Fatty so there is an additional black O-ring at the head of the pipe, I also like the width of the inside diameter of the flange as my exhaust has been widened to match the other flange. I rode for 2 hours and everything is dry as a bone, only time will tell on longevity, but it is a breath of fresh air to finally have a sealed exhaust.......Rating A+"

Mike Timm-
"I got mine today and am so glad I did. The quality is spot on, looks awesome too, bought shipped and delivered in a week MSV Racing 110% badass thanks again"

Picture from Scott Boston

Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster »

I'm a bit surprised as well.
These are obviously well made.
I have no need of any at this time but you can bet that when I do I will be ordering one.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Thanks Sandblaster,

I suspect after Adam tests his MSV Racing manifold and posts his results things might start to open up for MSV Racing on this forum.

I should have a new CR5 product to post in a week or so.
Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster »

Getting a thumbs up from Adam will go a long ways to kick start sales :cool:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Msv Racing Jason Meyer

A handful of benefits are-

3 high temp O-rings on the manifold spigot that seal the expansion chamber stopping the black drool that can leak on the OEM flange.This also allows easy pipe removal and install without having to re-seal.

There is the 4th O-ring on the back of the flange that eliminates the gasket, stopping the need to buy a gasket or scrape one off when doing top end etc.

The ceramic coated one in theory will promote exhaust flow by keeping the exhaust temp up by not allowing the exhaust temp to dissipate through the Al flange.

Both versions have a lead in taper in the exhaust hole on the flange side allowing for larger exhaust port matching which could promote more power.

They look awesome.

MSV Racing manifold is less then half the weight of the OEM.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

I want to thank Adam MillAr of MRE - Millar Race Engineering for the super close up of the MSV Racing exhaust manifold MRE will be testing.

Adam had this to say so far-

"I received my new aluminum exhaust flange for the CR500 which is made by MSV Racing Jason Meyer. The finish is like jewelry, the fitment is exact and he's taken care to consider Venturi effect with proven profile angles inside the flange. The thick sealing collar that trains an O-ring to the cylinder also has a divot for the lower exhaust spring hanger to proper locate in. Nothing has been overlooked, I obviously haven't been able to run it yet but I expect it to work well and scheduled for some MRE tearing when the weather changes."

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Wow, anyone even on this forum anymore. After selling 37 manifolds with extremely happy customers so far, I find it hard to believe everyone on here is happy with there OEM exhaust manifold...

Another happy customer-

"Thanks MSV Racing Jason Meyer fastest service in the USA. Sick part can't wait to torque it down!" Dan Huckins

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

The road it took to get to the perfect 1985-2001 CR5 exhaust manifold.

Manual machining the first aluminum prototype for testing.

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Gotta love customer support! Thanks Scott Boston!

blownbillybob

MSV racing exh mainfold

Post by blownbillybob »

Got my box yesterday from Jason!!!

Thought he forgot to put something inside it ?????? It was so light?????

That's was the first thing I noticed!!!!!

Once I got inside it, by the way it was packed really well ,I started looking it over!!
I got the ceramic 1 , the finish was perfect 100% coverage with no runs!!!

Machining was flawless!!

Thought it was ti. At first??

It will be a while before I get to put it on as its for my big bore stroker motor I'm building , I'm sure it's going to work great

Can't wait for feed back from Adam
Would definitely recommend it to others and will get another if needed

Thanks Jason for the hard work Keep it up we need more stuff like this for these bikes

:cool: :cool: :cool:
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

The thaw is on!
Hopefully get some tire roasting road rides in shortly.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Thanks for the great pre-test review!

Anxious to hear more ride test reviews!

I will have a new prototype product for fitment testing (3D) printed to throw out to you guys for visual evaluation hopefully tonight or tomorrow. This is geared a little more toward the Outlaw kart guys, but will work equally well on the bikes.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Who is going to CAGE CUP? Outlaw Cage Kart racing Oregon State Fairgrounds in Salem March 18th-20th. This is a televised event!

Can't wait to see the 500+cc Outlaw Karts tear up the track! I have racers running my manifolds and supporting MSV Racing with big stickers on their karts and trailers.

https://www.facebook.com/Kagecup/?fref=ts
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Here are 2 3D printed first prototype parts from MSV Racing geared toward the CR5 engine. Outlaw Karts, Desert racers, Supermoto/street, Hillclimb, anyone who wont see heavy mud. These will be billet Al and thermal dispersant coated to help stave off heat soak. BIG DEAL in Outlaw Karting.

Last edited by cr500msv on March 13th, 2016, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster »

Oooowwwwww! Daddy likie!!!!!! :cool:
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

I know many wanted to see a mounted pic. Elbow fits Kart perfect, but touchs rads on bike so it needs slight sizing change. Tis the world of R&D, thank goodness for 3D prints lol!

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Not CR500 bike related, but CR500 engine related!

Let the racing begin!

MSV Racing and Bennett Motor Sports are heading out to Cage Cup this weekend to start the 2016 race season! Go Adam Bennett!

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Great racing today in qualifing and heat racing for my guys. MSV Racing Exhaust Manifold is taking the beating! Adam Bennett is still struggling with engine gremlins. Johnny Burke is running great and ready take the win! Johnny will start outside front row in the big show. These karts are fast! 100+mph

Johnny Burke- JWB Racing

Adam Bennett- Bennett Motor Sports

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

Scott Boston-

"I spent a couple hours testing today and i am a giggling mess and have 3 people to thank,i made a small jetting change when i installed my freshly cut head from (adam millar),at the same time i instled a 1985 cr500 water pump gear (the only year thats metal)and had it cryoheated and michropolished,the head is awesome,the bike pulls with authority and keeps pulling the the end of the rpm band (exactly what i asked for)it pulls so hard that the cr500 demon inside me giggles like an evil skoolgirl (WOW).and the CryoHeat is so damn good that while thrust back trying to hold on i am upshifting without the clutch while on the power and it is shifting better then it did using the clutch without the treatment.and every time i look at my msv exhaust flange it is dry as a bone.i would defiantly say that if you are building a conversion and want some of the best that this field has to offer than 3 clear choices on your list should be (msv racing)(mre,millar racing engines)(cryoheat).‪#‎CryoHeat‬ ‪#‎skidplateracing‬ ‪#‎joshlahay‬ ‪#‎msvracing‬ ‪#‎millarracingenginesn‬ ‪#‎haulinass‬
likelite

Post by likelite »

So your trans is has been done with the cryoheat also?
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

likelite wrote:So your trans is has been done with the cryoheat also?

This is a quote from one of my customers.
cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

I am very proud of both my racers efforts at Cage Cup 2016!

Johnny Burke went on to take second place at Cage Cup which is a huge accomplishment especially with no brakes!! Very proud of his and his crew chief's efforts, and being a humble racer!

Adam Bennett was plagued with mechanical issues that were not the norm for this racing family. Adam took these issues like a
professional and showed great sportsmanship! He will be back strong in the next round of racing.

I am proud of both of these young guys. They make it easy for MSV Racing to help support their efforts. Watch for more racing and new upcoming MSV Racing parts to be featured on their Karts.

Great job guys!

These 500+cc CR5 engines are ran far harder over a far longer period of time (30 nearly full blast laps) then any other sport except maybe top desert racing. No leaks from either of my racers MSV Racing exhaust manifolds.

cr500msv

Post by cr500msv »

MSV Racing is back in the 7075 T6-511 Aluminuim manifold business. I have 14 natural Al versions available right now. In a week-ish time I will have 15 matte black Cerakote and 15 vintage gold Cerakote ceramic coated manifolds. If you haven't already, let me know what you need.

truthseeker

Post by truthseeker »

Awesome product!

I installed it and now have no leaks!

Thanks for making these products!