Gen 5 cr250af Help!

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
tvalliere27

Gen 5 cr250af Help!

Post by tvalliere27 »

Hey guys Taylor here,

I've recently picked up a 2012 crf250r and a 1997 cr250r. My plan is to do the conversion using the 1997 cr250 motor. I need some help getting started. What is going to be the best and strongest way to raise the Y. I really like the oem cast Y but don't want to compromise strength if i can help it. I also would like to keep the factory look for the motor cradle tubing. Fill me in guys i will need all the help i can. I'm working as a welder/machinist so really looking forward to the challenge. Also post up links to any gen 5 conversions if you have them as i have only found a few!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

The 250f is a very tight fit, I've seen the SH ones and not liked their engine clocking or any of the fitment.
The 250f is better suited to the cr250 conversion. I've done one with a 2001 engine and it was very nice. The 4 cr500 gen5 conversions I've built have been in the crf450 frame.
Do not use the stock Y for whatever you do, there's no clearance for it.
You can check out my build threads and at the bottom of my posts is a link to my skydrive, go back a folder an you can find any of my builds and parts with a lot of pictures.

Adam
tvalliere27

Post by tvalliere27 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:The 250f is a very tight fit, I've seen the SH ones and not liked their engine clocking or any of the fitment.
The 250f is better suited to the cr250 conversion. I've done one with a 2001 engine and it was very nice. The 4 cr500 gen5 conversions I've built have been in the crf450 frame.
Do not use the stock Y for whatever you do, there's no clearance for it.
You can check out my build threads and at the bottom of my posts is a link to my skydrive, go back a folder an you can find any of my builds and parts with a lot of pictures.

Adam
thanks for the tips! Are you using the billet Y that goes right into the oem lower tubing? Do you foresee any problems using a 97 cr250 motor vs a 2001?
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

Same motor, just different porting and ignition.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I fabricate the conversion parts, they do insert to the lower rails.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=BD4AA2685 ... 685D9BF2E9
Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster »

Another work of art!
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.