Budget Gen 1 AF conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
bryank30

Budget Gen 1 AF conversion

Post by bryank30 »

Hello to all! This is my first post here, just wanted to say hi and a big thanks for the wealth of information.

I recently picked up a 1987 CR500 motor and carb and most of the electronics minus the ignition coil, I traded some junk I had laying around and $280 cash. I very recently scored a 1999 CR250 running bike in good condition for a AR-15 trade that I won't tell how much I had in it. I got a great deal lets say : ) Up in my attic I have a stock pipe from a 91 and a PSI factory steel pipe from a '89 I bought 5 years ago. So I have a lot of parts even another almostcomplete Gen 1 CR250 minus frame and front forks. I have a extra 1998 CR250 motor, so I could drive the bushings from that set of cases to use on the 88 CR 500 motor. My questions are regarding the pipe mount modification, what silencer do I use, the CR500 silencer or the CR250 silencer? Just a little help would be appreciated. I have an uncle who can heliarc very good with aluminum.

Bryan