CR500 left side engine case no longer available?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Sandblaster

CR500 left side engine case no longer available?

Post by Sandblaster »

I received a little heads up today from a reputable source (Thanks Roost) that the CR500 left engine cases may no longer be available.
So I did some checking around and it seems that some of the major retailers are no longer offering a left case.
I also heard that the back orders for these left cases were cancelled.
If all that is true I guess that leaves us repairing our old cases or designing a new set of cases and having them made from billet.
Anyone heard anything on this?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

on the other site, AJ eluded that they either have some or may be in the process of making billet cases, this is all just rumor, so you may want to talk to AJ (Service Honda)
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Talked to a very excellent Cnc shop who currently makes their own 2 stroke engines. He can make case halves in batches of 10 for 1200-1500$cdn each if needed. He'd need a 3D scan (TecRider!) and could go from dimensions I have plotted too. Best part is he's a CR500 rider himself.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Legally, Honda was only required to make parts until 2011. I wonder how many are left, and how much prices will jump, once dealers realize they are sitting on the last ones. It wouldn't shock me if AJ signs an "exclusive supplier" deal with Honda, so he can continue to build AF's, and ass rape guys on cases.