NEED A CLUTCH !

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
XTREMIST

NEED A CLUTCH !

Post by XTREMIST »

anyone selling a full clutch for a decent price ? would like to give a rekluse a try but dont really know much about it.... or ill go with a hinson...

thanks guys
XTREMIST
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I have modified parts and used the new rekluse core manual xp, I'm not running it but a customer "sickair" who does stunt riding and says it's the first that's ever held on take off.
XTREMIST

Post by XTREMIST »

how does that differ from the rekluse z start pro auto ?
XTREMIST
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

It's not an auto, it's full manual only.
Has thin fibers and thin steels with more of them and a different round kind of plate pilot instead of the old toothed kind.
XTREMIST

Post by XTREMIST »

what do you think of the auto.... i like everything that ive heard about it, this bike is pretty much used strictly for sand hillclimbing, i like the auto being able to shift quickly on the fly with no clutch...
XTREMIST
XTREMIST

Post by XTREMIST »

and while your here i was also going to ask you a question about an ignition....i found a decent deal on a brand new pvl for my bike, but was wondering if i can still safely use my 25 shot of nos with it, am not 100 % sure if itll cause problems because doesnt the timing need to be advanced a bit with the pvl install ?
XTREMIST
willbkari2

Rekluse

Post by willbkari2 »

I have a clutch that I am not using. Picked up a Service Honda thinking Id want a Rekluse and come to find out I don't for my riding conditions. Used a dozen or so times and then I went back to oem. Zstart model in box,

open to offer or really cool trade,

In Modesto, Ca.

Thanks,

Will
john stu

Post by john stu »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I have modified parts and used the new rekluse core manual xp, I'm not running it but a customer "sickair" who does stunt riding and says it's the first that's ever held on take off.

Seems like it might put a lot of strain on the transmission given its higher torque handling, sounds like it works amazing though.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

That's an almost ridiculous assumption.
It's not a torque convert or or amplifier, it's a clutch that's not slipping. If anything the not slipping aspect which is eliminating the chatter from when it would slip is helping parts survive by reducing harmonics and spiking shock load.
john stu

Post by john stu »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:That's an almost ridiculous assumption.
It's not a torque convert or or amplifier, it's a clutch that's not slipping. If anything the not slipping aspect which is eliminating the chatter from when it would slip is helping parts survive by reducing harmonics and spiking shock load.

My thinking was in a situation where let's say your landing from a jump and you're at Full Throttle when you land, if the clutch was able to slip a little bit in a situation like that it would take some of the strain off the transmission? That was only my thinking cuz I remember an article from years ago where Motocross Action said don't put stiffer clutch springs in the cr125 because then the clutch could slip amd not break the transmission