New member in Utah

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
aedavis

New member in Utah

Post by aedavis »

Hi all:

My CR500 story - I rode a 1992 back in my college days, mostly duning, single track, and desert riding.  I loved it, though it was a bit of a pig in the handling department compared to 250s I had owned previously.  I ended up selling it after losing interest in off-road riding for awhile.

Fast forward to 2014 - I have a teenage daughter interested in riding, and pestering me to buy another bike.  I considered the 4 strokes and would probably be a better rider with one, but I like absurd power.  I bought this earlier this year, along with a KDX 200 for her to learn on:

It's a very clean 2000, and it had been set up by FineLine Suspension for a 200lb desert rider.  It's very plush, and of course it's powerful.  One snag came up though:

Mike in Arizona advertised this bike, and the idea of a street legal CR500 (and a Gen 3 AF) was irresistable.  I drove down to Prescott Valley and picked this up a few weeks ago.  It's now plated in Utah, and it is crazy fun to ride this on the street.  I live about 2 miles from BLM trails, and it's nice to be able to ride from my house.

I'm probably going to sell the 2000, since I don't really need two.  I wondered for a long time before buying anything if the AF would give me that 250-like handling that I like, and it does turn a little more sharply than the steelie, but the difference isn't as dramatic as I thought it would be. I know there's a lot of variables that affect handling, and I'm not a good enough rider to appreciate some of the subtle differences, but I thought it would be more pronounced.  I do love the way the AF looks, and that it's street legal - Mike spared no expense setting it up nicely, with quality components.

That's my story.

Allan  
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Glad you're here!
I'd seen that af when it was advertised, looks to be done nicely.
If nothing else you'll find the parts support for the af to be much better but I could see missing the comfort of that steelies big sofa feeling seat :lol:
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Nice scoots and welcome! :clink: