Trailtech vapor on a 94?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Warpig

Trailtech vapor on a 94?

Post by Warpig »

Im about to order a vapor and im unsure as to which one to get. They have a kit for the 95 but im unsure what the difference between the years is. Should i get the 95 kit or is there some generic part number thats like a "one size fits all" setup? I plan on running it off its internal battery until i figure out how im powering all of my electronics. I just wanna ride before it gets too cold.

And sorry for my lack of contribution, still learning about this bike.
Plated '94 steelie motard build in progress....yay
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

They do have a universal kit, and you might check the parts fiche for the front rotor bolt between 94 and 95 to see if the part number changed. That is the only thing that might make it not work on your 94; TrailTech uses a rotor bolt with a magnet in it to activate the pickup that sends the speed info up to the display unit.
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

cowboyona426 wrote:They do have a universal kit, and you might check the parts fiche for the front rotor bolt between 94 and 95 to see if the part number changed. That is the only thing that might make it not work on your 94; TrailTech uses a rotor bolt with a magnet in it to activate the pickup that sends the speed info up to the display unit.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. So do you think if i was to attach it to the rotor by my own means that it would be accurate? I think im gonna just call trailtech and ask
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

Warpig wrote:
cowboyona426 wrote:They do have a universal kit, and you might check the parts fiche for the front rotor bolt between 94 and 95 to see if the part number changed. That is the only thing that might make it not work on your 94; TrailTech uses a rotor bolt with a magnet in it to activate the pickup that sends the speed info up to the display unit.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. So do you think if i was to attach it to the rotor by my own means that it would be accurate? I think im gonna just call trailtech and ask
From what I can recall the universal kit includes a variety of rotor bolts and other means to get the magnet attached to the wheel. It should have something that will work for your application.
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

cowboyona426 wrote:
Warpig wrote:
From what I can recall the universal kit includes a variety of rotor bolts and other means to get the magnet attached to the wheel. It should have something that will work for your application.
Excellent. Thanks for the info brother
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

In my experience, I haven't had one last more than 6 months...and I've had two. It was cool while it lasted though. Maybe they've improved by now...?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Warpig

Post by Warpig »

hoofarted wrote:In my experience, I haven't had one last more than 6 months...and I've had two. It was cool while it lasted though. Maybe they've improved by now...?
Well its starting to cool down already in the north east and soon itll be too cold to ride so im just going to go with a cheap quick solution so i can ride then do everything right over the winter when i start the actual build
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

Still having trouble finding the "universal" kit with the different magnets as well as any info for fitment on my bike whatsoever. Anybody got a link for me please? Id reall appreciate it because as soon as i know what one i need im ordering it asap
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!