Dirty Jimmy, In Da House

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
jim a

Dirty Jimmy, In Da House

Post by jim a »

Greetings to all, my name is Jim, and I have been a lurker here for quite a while. I was just recently activated, and you all know how exciting that can be. I almost got a chubby. It got big enough that I could see it's little tip just beyond my ponderous belly. RTFO. I do not currently have a Cr 500, so I could not join the other site, man am I bummed about that. (Can't you just feel the sarcasm?) I do have an '83 Cr 480 in many boxes, along with enough projects to occupy the time of everybody on this site. I am a mechanic\fabricator, which is why I can't seem to get to any of my projects. I live out in the high desert of so. Cal, about 10 minutes from El Mirage. If any of you are in the area, give a shout out if you need any help, I'm always happy to help fellow crazies. Have fun Jim Alexander
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

We're glad you joined banned! If that finner comes out of the boxes please post up some pictures!
jim a

Finners and fun

Post by jim a »

Thanks roosty. I have 2 of my own projects to finish before I start on the 480, and you might be able to help me with one of them. I usually ride a 2002 cr 250, and it started to have some issues a while back. I diagnosed the problem as a bad power valve servo, so I got one of those, and the bike ran perfectly, for one ride. On the second ride the bike went back to only running really well at idle and a little bit above, or at wide open throttle and above 9k rpm. When I pulled the PV cover and watched the PV arm as I ran the engine through the rpm range, the only time that the arm was stable was at low rpm or high rpm. So, my guess is that the cdi somehow is killing the servo. It's possible that the servo is still OK, but it is not sensitive enough to "see" the proper signal from the cdi, and with a new or better cdi the servo will work properly until the newer cdi develops a weakness. So, the solution is, buy some new parts, and test out the theory. One of the problems with having a bunch of projects is that there is not enough cash flow to do everything that you would like to do. So I am looking for known good used parts. Servo and cdi. If you have, or know where I can find, either of those, let me know. Thanks for stepping up and taking over the day to day here on Banned, I really enjoy reading the stuff on here, and I haven't made it through even ten percent of what's here yet so I would really hate to miss so much.
MojoScojo

Re: Dirty Jimmy, In Da House

Post by MojoScojo »

jim a wrote:I was just recently activated, and you all know how exciting that can be.
I discovered that Boob had been neglecting the activations and caught them up this week.

I suppose I need to show Roosty how to do that...
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

I also discovered a lot of hate mail from a few people who did not get activated in a timely manner in the mailbox designated for spam sign ups. Funny shit.
No longer have a CR500.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote:I also discovered a lot of hate mail from a few people who did not get activated in a timely manner in the mailbox designated for spam sign ups. Funny shit.

Oh.... YOU GOTTA' post that shit up!!!!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Already deleted. Next time.
No longer have a CR500.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

:(
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Well, Jim a(hole) is outta here now too.