Well started a Build

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
JC500

Well started a Build

Post by JC500 »

I know its a Generation one but I got the 250 chassis for $550 without a motor and picked up a whole 91 CR500 for 1100 bucks. sold the chassis for $500 and I now in it for $1050. So why not. I have the engine apart waiting on rings and piston.

I will be using a cr250 coil so I don't need to fab a coil bracket I ordered swingarm bushing from a 2003 CR125 will grind the right side down to fit if needed

I just need the front engine mounts and a headstay and I will be done. as this will be my play bike

The Donor

any one have ideas what to use for front engine mounts and a head stay I have searched and pmed a couple members here and no mounts
JC500

Post by JC500 »

Well got the dessert tank modded today with heat gun and checked how seat goes. fits quite nice. using a 250 ignition coil fits perfect. made a cutom head stay today.

I am still looking for front engine mounts before I take to my welder unless someone has any advice on what to do without them
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

If you were gentle, you can reuse the stock mounts. There used to be a kit going around some years back. I think I have a coil adapter left over..may have the stock mounts from my gen2 still.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

JC500

Post by JC500 »

hoofarted wrote:If you were gentle, you can reuse the stock mounts. There used to be a kit going around some years back. I think I have a coil adapter left over..may have the stock mounts from my gen2 still.
just need the front mounts I was not gentle lol. Text or call 408 313 7578 if anyone has front engine mounts that will work
JC500

Post by JC500 »

got the frame welded up by BTR coversions and a headstay made up

JC500

Post by JC500 »

She is getting very close...........................................

JC500

Post by JC500 »

Ok she is all done. Just got back from a ride around the block pissed off some neighbors. Did I say this thing is loud very loud new top end and new clutch and 39mm carb with reed spacer smooth power and nice pull I have some handguards and few nick nacks to tie up still I will be climbing hills next weekend

Jercs

Post by Jercs »

JC500,

Awesome looking bike! Great job on the build.

CP500
www.ConversionParts500.com