Greetings from the uk

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Hmb

Greetings from the uk

Post by Hmb »

Can't remember if I've posted here before, so if not here's hi from the uk. Ns I have a dilemma in that I have a mint crf450 of 05 vintage and a cr500 of 89 vintage. Now my plan was to restore the big5 to factory condition and I got the forks and shock rebuilt. Then I've been offered another 05 450 frame so I'm thinking of making an cr500af. Have ac/dc tig do lots of alu welding but do I go down fabricating my own frame brackets or buy a kit all done. Conversion parts are doing a kit to fit my frame which isn't too expensive. Now what mind of problems am I likely to encounter?

Regards fellow hoons
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Welcome!
I when from an '89 to an '01 service honda, for me there was no looking back, with my riding style, and I use the term loosely, it was night and day difference, I can only imagine what some additional years of improvements would be like.
if you are going to do your own welding make sure to preheat, some of the welders on the site can chime in regarding that.
as far as making your own mounts, wye, and such, there are some kits available that seem pretty good so it would be up to you on if you have the time and skills to do it your self. my opinion for what it's worth, if you can make it your self then you have something that is more personal and unique to you, when someone asks about your bike you will find yourself talking about it as if it was your kid.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!