CRF Radiators - NEW Inlets - Instruction Manual

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Jercs

CRF Radiators - NEW Inlets - Instruction Manual

Post by Jercs »

Hey guys,

I know it has been inconvenient to buy a spare radiator just to cut off the inlets to weld on your CRF radiators. We now sell inlet tubes, so you don't have to buy a radiator just to cut into it for an inlet tube.

We sell 1 inlet or we sell a pair (2) of them. We recommend replacing both inlets (CRF radiator), so you can use the CR500 hose kit.

You can find these on our website www.conversionparts500.com

We have also added them into our instruction manuals http://www.conversionparts500.com/manuals.php

Let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help.

Thank you,

CP500

Like us on Facebook: Conversion Parts 500
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @CP_500
vito.a

Post by vito.a »

These are life savers. I cut up several radiators to get these.

I recommend changing the CRF inlets and outlets to these 90 degree fittings. The original CRF inlet on the left is a larger diameter and the CR500 hose does not fit. I also added a new inlet to the right side radiator so I can route each of the two cylinder head water returns back to the top of each radiator, one per side, just like the original 500.

Bottom Crossover: I added one of these to the bottom tank of each radiator facing each other with just a slight up turn so a straight piece of radiator hose goes slightly up and over the motor to the other side.

We're riding in Tucson in the summer and my bike is one of the only ones that Never overheats! It doesn't even burp or gurgle after shutting it off.

Pictures are worth a thousand words! Note: The FMF pipe comes with an indentation to clear this configuration.

Left side radiator configuration.

Bottom right angled outlet is the one that comes in the CP500 kit. It goes to the water pump on the engine.
With the hose inlets and outlets configured like this you can use a stock CR500 hose kit plus a small piece of heater hose for the bottom crossover.
Jercs

Post by Jercs »

vito.a,

Thanks for sharing! I am glad to hear that those worked well for you.

We are happy to be hearing such positive feedback about them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

CP500
www.conversionparts500.com