After the thrill is gone...

Please Read To Fully Understand The Sites Purpose.
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

AlisoBob wrote:Its more like..... why?
There's a TON of good information here as well as collective knowledge from the members.
16 YZ 450FX
01 XR 400R
98 CR 500R
91 CR 500R
95 CR 250R
98 WR 250Z
91 XR 200R
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I say keep it going, Bob. While traffic may be slow, the info on here in regards to AF's is invaluable, plus I pulled strings to get my MPS thread moved out of the Dumbgeon at Vital. Mostly so it would never disappear, and this place leads guys to that thread. Any way to prevent people from getting fucked by that Fanelli is my mission on life, speaking the truth here counts for something. I still check in here, just nothing to post about 500 related. Bike's in pieces and I'm busy working, but this place still has a purpose.
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

This place is still usually the first place I check when I turn on the internets!
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

AlisoBob wrote:Its cheap to keep the lights on .... its never been about the money.
It's about the same as a netflix subscription. $135 will buy a year, $300 will get 3 years. Bob spends more than that on lunch these days. (I've seen pics ;-P)
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

MojoScojo wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:Its cheap to keep the lights on .... its never been about the money.
It's about the same as a netflix subscription. $135 will buy a year, $300 will get 3 years. Bob spends more than that on lunch these days. (I've seen pics ;-P)
I've seen the birfday pics on here :)
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Its more like..... why?

Everything runs its natural course. This site is no different.

Thoughts?
Well, the FIM is sanctioning a 300cc class, more to come for sure.
All the guys at MXA love the 2 strokes and regularly report on them.
Just had a big race last weekend just for the 2 strokes out your way, Glen Helen. Damn I wish I lived out there to ride there and Glamis.
Fricken helmet cams make it worse on me :)
These bikes were never going away, their orbit is swinging this way again and the CR500 is the king.
Honda will manufacture a big bore 2 stroke again when it's in their interest.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Its more like..... why?

Everything runs its natural course. This site is no different.

Thoughts?
Like Matt said, too much info here, as well as ass :lol:
there's us old hoons, new hoons, still lots of 500's out there that need to get the straight info without any sugar coating, I always think of this site like bench racing and bullshitting around the camp fire.
if it's about the time doing the admin work maybe there are some that want to step up, I don't really know what's involved and not much spare time, but I could possibly share some of the time, I check out just about every new post anyways.
let's keep it going Bob, she aint dead yet.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I've noticed lately that the abundance and ease of use of Facebook groups has been the main reason for the slow forum traffic.
On the same note, most of the forums with the spin off Facebook pages are deleting the Facebook groups and users are seeing how the forums actually work better, are easier to keep the bull shit out, and just all around are a better resource.

I don't believe this is the end.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
craigf40

Post by craigf40 »

Hi guys...i rate this site its really helpful ..its just we a rare breed
so the numbers are low...but i dont often log in much anymore
coz the bike is sorted but love to see whats happening every
now and then dont let it die its to good ...way to much info on
here
GB1073

Post by GB1073 »

This is the 1st site I check when I get on line, don,t always log in while checking for the latest information. The information here helped my son and I to build 2 Gen 3 cr500AFC bikes. We have told lots of fellow cr riders to check it out as one of the best source's of information on building and tuning CR500's.
It would be a shame to see it go, please consider keeping it on the pipe!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote: Bob spends more than that on lunch these days. (I've seen pics ;-P)

Rhino, Me, and Cepek.....
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I have been kind of thinking the 500 thing has run it's course for a bit now, but I don't have a horse in the race I ride steel bikes in full stock form I'm not much help.

Best pipe...stock
best reeds...stock
best plug...cheap ass NGK they last over a year for me who cares.
Best oil...I'm a tractor fluid, Super M, FFT guy....run whatever you want, I know I know 927 except that stuff smells like ass, the only thing good about that shit is it makes me want to be in front of you :D

Man what else is there to discuss?

The people here have been some of the coolest people I have ever met, I miss Jay, I miss Brit, I miss AL, I miss seeing Bob and Kuma...just people aren't really riding together off of here much anymore. I hope it stays alive for the info, I miss what it used to be for me which was a place I B.S'ed with friends. I'm still riding weekly, I'm still down to travel for a good moto...I still do Hoonfest and ride with Tracy from the other site. Lets get the band back together!!!
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thats what we need.... a big "Group Ride" to get this fucker back in gear!!!

Jawboner sound good to any one?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm in depending on dates...I'm tapped until after Baja which is the first weekend in June after that I'm ready to moto whenever.....you know how it is, I can always make it if planned well in advance, if it's a last minute deal it's questionable. We need a yearly banned Hoonfest, something that hit's the same time or close every year that we all talk about months in advance and I can plan and get pumped for. Jawbone sounds great!!!! Miss you Bob.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Pismo for sure. I still check the site out everyday and owe alot to the people and info here. Keep it going 100%

I am open to anytime anyone wants to ride in the mean time.
Kevin
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I'm hoping to make Pismo this July, there is another forum I'm on for the Pilots, that is some of those guys generally go, be nice to merge into a large group ride. make it a Jay Lewis Memorial Ride
I'm not so organized as Jay, it just all show up and bring enough to take care of your self and ride, campfire together.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

AlisoBob wrote:
Its more like..... why?

?
Site just saved a guy from dealing with MPS.

I dont post much, but I do check back often. And every time I need some 500 info, I find it here.

The decline of the site probably has a lot to do with the newer 450's - much more reliable than in earlier years, so the need to build your own modern Horsepower Monster is fading, people can just buy one and be done with it.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

I still enjoy looking at all the cool shit on this site , at least once a week. The info on here saved me a bunch of time on building my AF , thanks again, Yes I prefer to ride my ktm dungey replica on the mx track but I still have my AF and the o7 ktm with the kx500 motor , both of which are my weapons of choice for woods, plus the 450 stayed home while I took both the 500's to glamis last December , 500s rock the sand like nothing else on earth. This site is too cool ,don't give up....We all only get one shot at this life ,,,remember we do stuff others dream about doing......
jr475

Post by jr475 »

Hate to see this as I was on here every day while rebuilding my 87. I have not been able to find the site several times and was redirected to other crap about ratings and url info.

Glad it is still here I thought it was already gone.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I check in here at least once a day, usually first thing in the morning before Bob calls so i'm up to date :lol: . But theres always the last fleeting seconds of the day when i've snuck to bed by the light of the ipad and have to check in before I get the elbow to "turn that damn thing off" :lol:
Its one of the only places where I don't keep logged in, i like that I can read the posts without having to and unlike txt messages, emails, message apps , fb and places where everything I do is transparently open around the different devices I share with the family I do have a PRIVATE PM box here :wink:

I'll agree that the FB deal is messing with just about everything, but there is no way to go back and reference anything and its a crock of shit really, but I do fleece some parts here and there by use of the dreaded fb.

The picture linking deal of links and things usually keep me from making a real detailed post, not that its different than any other forum, just I'm getting lazy and usually out of time while sneaking in a post by iphone or ipad.

Other than that, dudes i've been busy :cry:
Work busy, family busy (twins are almost 2!), bike busy, and more commonly a general stress busy which usually consumes most of my time thinking about the other things I could be accomplishing between the ever growing list of priorities. If the kids aren't sick its raining, winter, or generally shit outside and theyre driving their mother crazy. If they can get outside they're wild, like splitting an atom they're gone wfo in every direction. Then there is the whole trying to get them to sleep, fml! They go to bed at 8-8:30, wake up 3-4 times in the night and come to the door of their room for me to go and cover them up again, Its like a max of 4.5 hours of sleep after they're done there little rotation of fidgeting around.
Bike stuff has been crazy busy, engines, components, conversions (I won't let on I said that I'm doing them for other guys). I've got 3 af bikes for other guys at the moment, 4 of my own on the go or more i've forgotten. Kids z-50s are all in shambles while getting them freshened.

I've tried to organize my garage at home a little, its friggin futile! haha On the weekend I built this shelving, working on another 16' of it tonight I hope. i got to it last night by 9:30pm.

I managed to let go of all the bikes I had ready to go last year and am working on my own and the kids too, hopefully i have one ready for the harescramble races next month. Its only 10c and raining for the last few days so morale is low.

Its not always about getting dirty and making noise, its more the brotherhood of hiding from the wife, family and society, reading members posts which send you tripping out into vivid recollections burnt into your mind by adrenaline as you suddenly recall the smell of your favorite mix oil smoke and picture the front fender during that last ride, drifting back to reality you realize that your left hand has been acting out the memory of clutch action so you try to soothe the riding addiction you can't immediately relieve by checking out some mutually appreciated posts in the "Too Much Ass?" thread.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Miss Hoon.... 2014
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I like Rhino's posts...... always make me laugh.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Nice post Roosty! Must be a lot of fun with twin two year olds! ;) I try to keep my girls "small" for as long as I can because they'll be all grown before long...I too check in here to see whats new - its generally my first stop. The FB thing is OK - kinda amusing to see all the other 500 goons out there with the same ole' questions. With regards to riding, I dont get to do it as much as I'd like to...now that its hot as heck outside. Mind sending some of that cold wet weather down this way? :P
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

AlisoBob wrote:I like Rhino's posts...... always make me laugh.
Similar sense of humor....doesn't always translate well in text, probably why I had to quite FaceBook, I was losing more friends than I was making.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

3 more days...
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo