MPS I am done

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
yz500

MPS I am done

Post by yz500 »

After defending MPS, and starting my third build with George I am offically done!

I defended him, and his lack of detail and was lucky to get my money out of my last bike, but I am offically done!

I just can not deal with his bizzare personality, and the fact that his default work ethic is half ass. It is exhausting getting him to the level of quality I want.

So I am owning it you guys were right, and I was wrong.
yz500

Post by yz500 »

FYI George does not weld his own frames, and he is not a certified welder
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MPS Sucks.... always has.... always will.
DASBEAST

Post by DASBEAST »

I wonder how he keeps roping all these people in. He's always advertising new and used engines out of 2013 and late model bikes. He's removing engines from new bikes and making different conversions. All brands. I've learned enough from here to stay clear!
yz500

Post by yz500 »

because he over promises and under delivers, and somehow trys to convince you its your fault.

he has no idea how to run a busines, and most of the time he is out of money.

My first bike he built was deliverd with a fried clutch and a hill climb race motor. But he told me it had only 10 hours on it. I let him feel my foot on that one.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Feel free to go over and post this same info at Vital, since you were quick to point out how wrong I was over there. Nothing personal, but if you have ANY balls at all.........
yz500

Post by yz500 »

done!
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I'm impressed. Not exactly the vindication I was looking for, but I'll take it. Unfortunate that you got taken as well, but along with me, you won't be the last. Maybe it's time to hit up Stoffers, at least with him you know it'll be right. Again, nothing personal, and no hard feelings. I was just trying to expose a scumbag for what he was. So NOW do you believe all that I said and what I got was shit? Trust me, I wouldn't be slamming someone for a quality product with great follow up service.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I thought I heard stoffers is not doing any builds at this time, hope I'm wrong.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

Kuma wrote:I thought I heard stoffers is not doing any builds at this time, hope I'm wrong.
I have heard the same.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

he's advertising has reached Australia
He's showing pictures of the big 4 ... KXF,CRF,RMZ,YZF's
all together as complete assembled & ready to go.

I know he rolled a few Aussies some time back.....
Not happy Jan (its an ozy thing)
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
yz500

Post by yz500 »

I called him a while back, but I really need to figure out what I want. I really want a bad ass woods bike. I am pretty sure I want a 300 or 360 motor, but not sure what bike would be best.

I bought a 14 gas gas race bike to see how it does in the woods, not a fan of KTM.

This should give me an idea what would be fast in the woods.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Go hit up digger29's thread on his 300 KTM build on Vital. I know you said you don't like KTM, but the Husky will be the same bike, just different plastics. Unless the whole bike is an issue. Sounded like with the mods digger made, it's even more badass than stock, apparently Dowd's mechanic had huge input on the mods.
cowboyona426

Post by cowboyona426 »

There is a thread on Thumpertalk by motojase, he purchased a "complete bike" from MPS and it turned into a nightmare, including having to redo most of the motor mounts just to get the motor to bolt into the frame.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Roosty brought this to my attention this morning. For anyone who's on Facebook, and I'm embarrassed to say that I am, go check Honda CR500 Riders. Decompressor Head thread by Lee, Roosty is on there and shithead Fanelli shows up to make fool of himself. Again. Thanks for making my day, Adam. Lol
other

Post by other »

cowboyona426 wrote:There is a thread on Thumpertalk by motojase, he purchased a "complete bike" from MPS and it turned into a nightmare, including having to redo most of the motor mounts just to get the motor to bolt into the frame.
I suspect that the subject of that thread now belongs to a friend of mine here in Perth, and in fact, I was involved in brokering the sale fromn motojase . . . . Since all the build problems have been fixed, it's actually a pretty decent bike now, but by Christ it's had some money spent on it to get it right (ish) ! The biggest pisser for it's current owner is that it was represented by MPS as a 2008 model, but is actually a pre '05 Gen 3. Still, it now rides as well as my Gen 4, so no dramas there . . . .
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
katoomer

Post by katoomer »

new here, joined because I wanted to say thanks to you all.
I was going to buy a MPS bike, yz360, did a search and got your website and read a bit..
bloody hell, you guys have saved me a headache.
thanks all
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Just another service we offer here, exposing scumbags and their shitty builds. That dipshit Fanelli was over on FB on a CR500 page, and proved everything I said about being a complete fucking jackass, as well. All I did was sit back and smile, didn't even have to get involved. So, to counter Micks point, sometimes you CAN get Satisfaction.
katoomer

Post by katoomer »

lol, i read the thread at vital, brilliant
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

katoomer wrote:new here, joined because I wanted to say thanks to you all.
I was going to buy a MPS bike, yz360, did a search and got your website and read a bit..
bloody hell, you guys have saved me a headache.
thanks all
Makes the site worth keeping around.....Low traffic right now, but it just saved another guy a nightmare!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.