GEN5 Airboot/Carb/Reeds That don not rub the shock!!

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
dayusmc

GEN5 Airboot/Carb/Reeds That don not rub the shock!!

Post by dayusmc »

OK, Here is the deal.. I have been on the hunt for the perfect (Meaning non shock rubbing) AirBoot/Carb/Reed Cage for my GEN 5 250 2-Stroke. I bought 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2007 CR250 Airboots. I also bought V-Force, Boyesen RAD Valve & Stock Reed Cages. I wanted to try different combinations to see what worked best. The Combination that seems to work best is the 2000 CR250 Boyesen Rad Valve, PWK Airstriker (Normal one, not short one), 2000 CR250 AirBoot & 19mm (or 3/4 inch) Airbox Spacer plate. This clears the shock and doesn't rub anything!!

I also use 2, 2000 CR250 AirBoot mounting Rings installed on the boot (I do not cut the boot at all), You can see from the last picture in this post. I put one ring in between the 2 rubber flaps and the other ring in the normal place. This gives me a much firmer mounting area. I am sending my mocked up airbox plate to LoudMouth MX to have a custom one machined out of Billet aluminum.

I have tested this on both my 2012 CRF250R Project and also on my existing 2009 CRF450 conversion, it works on both... But remember this is a 250 2-Stroke Motor in my GEN 5, not a 500 Motor..

Image[/img]