Hello to all.

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
lambofgod85

Hello to all.

Post by lambofgod85 »

Hi there. I would like to say that this site is very helpful and its got most of the info i need to conplete my new build (c500 AF) using a crf450 2002 chassis. Im also happy to share any info i know to help others out. Thanks. Rob
JB

Post by JB »

Good to see more Aussies on here, what part of NQ you from?
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Yeah there r afew of us on this site. Im from the mighty burdekin. Lol
JB

Post by JB »

Nice, i'm from Mackay, I think i have seen a lad on here from Moranbah also. I'm keen to hear about your ideas for your headstay, i'm just starting a 2005
450x.
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

True ay. Well with my headstay i was thinking of welding a mount off the front of the shock support mount like the cr250 frames but inline with the head mount. Keeping in mind to clear the fuel tank and room for the throttle cable to run free. Making the headstay mounts around 16mm thick should reduce the torque flex of the engine . But it only my ideas atm. What do u think.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I have heard that the offset head stay helps reduce the vibration, that's just rumor, it will also give you more room for the carb. if you go straight on, let us know if it works out good or if you have any regrets.
Welcome from the other side of the world!
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
lambofgod85

Post by lambofgod85 »

Yeah im still doing alot of reading before i start my build but i have been getting sum useful info off a lad called GROUTAONE on youtube. He has around 12 videos on his build. Check it out if you havent already.
JB

Post by JB »

Was going with the same idea with the headstay but have it offset, good luck with your project.