Hydraulic, 250 basket or Bearing lever & cable clutch?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Slabman

Hydraulic, 250 basket or Bearing lever & cable clutch?

Post by Slabman »

Weigh in please. The 99 CR500 clutch is WAAAAY to stiff to pull. To ease the pain during a hare scramble, what is the best remedy? Besides not being a Puss.....LOL
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Dr. Choppa reccomends this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5kH7ci ... ata_player[/youtube]
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Slabman

Post by Slabman »

Agreed. Had it coming. Knew it was coming. Hardening the fuck up & taking like a man.
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I've got a used hydraulic set up I'd consider selling.
No idea if it works, bought it used from another member.

I use a long Adjustable folding lever, and move the perch over so I'm grabbing right at the end of the lever with two or three fingers.

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

stock springs
make sure your basket and hub are notch free (if notched replace)
magura clutch BUT IT NEEDS TO HAVE A 9.0 MM MASTER CYLINDER
vent the slave cylinder gold cap
motion pro makes a lever with a bearing, and its a way better shape
lube lever regularly with thin grease
use only magura oil in the hyd clutch
put a little moly paste on the clutch arm every now and again

my 500 has an easier pull than my (or any stock) 150sx, 1 finger all day, and thats using it every 10 seconds

being able to use your clutch all the time and instantly will make you ride better when the trail gets tough
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Or a new cable....hate the Hydro's. Rode a 2013 KTM 350 for about 5 hours and still hate the hydro's for what I can only describe as lack of feel.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Slabman

Post by Slabman »

Nodge, how much on your used set up? You can pm me.
Slabman

Post by Slabman »

Owned a KTM 380 & own a Hayabusa with a hydraulic clutch. Looks like hydro for my beer can project. Thnx for the set up info.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Rhino89523 wrote:Or a new cable....hate the Hydro's. Rode a 2013 KTM 350 for about 5 hours and still hate the hydro's for what I can only describe as lack of feel.
I'm with you on this, too squishy, it is amazing what a new basket and cable will feel like if you currently using a worn system.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

The only hydro clutch I've used is on my KTM 530, and it's great.
To each their own. I've got no gripe with a fresh, smooth cable set up.

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Rode a 2013 KTM 350 for about 5 hours and still hate the hydro's for what I can only describe as lack of feel.
THE "FEEL" COMES FROM THIS THING!!!!!!!! IT HAS NOTHNG TO DO WITH ANYTHING HYDRAULIC ON A JAP BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the gay feel ktm clutches have is mostly caused by having a way to big master cylinder (or too small slave cylinder)
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Ridden the CR500 with a hydro...same thing, no feel. Call it what you want but the cable is pinky pull all day without stalling. Hydro is pinky pull all day with no feel and stalling all the time. maybe my gorilla paw can not dicern the minimal difference in feel with the hydro but I hate them. If it works for you guys more power to you....I would rather buy a Monster Energy Sticker kit :D :D :D
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
jr475

Post by jr475 »

At the track last week I had an older gentelman come up and check out the bike and told me that he just had to touch it. He then pulled in my clutch and he could not believe that I could pull it in. I have never thought about I wish I would have seen the video prior and I could of told him to man the fuck up. He did proceed to kick my ass on the track so it is good that I kept my mouth shut and respected my elders.
Slabman

Post by Slabman »

The Harden the Fuck Up video is one I will wear & distribute w/great pride. Instant classic in my archive.