2003 crf 450 air box and boot conversion issues

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
kibler

2003 crf 450 air box and boot conversion issues

Post by kibler »

I am having troubles finding the right combination of parts to use for the 2003 crf 450 air boot conversion. The stock boot is very small. The area in the frame to go thru is small as well. I cant find any boot to fit thru the hole. Has anyone on here converted one of these. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kibler.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I did an 04 airbox, I think they're the same. Cut out an adapter plate for the front of the airbox, either alum or Lexan, 3 mil thick. Some guys preferred Lexan because it's clear. Get an airboot from the 98/99 CR250 and a Moose reed spacer. Align it all properly and cut and attach the adapter to the front of the airbox, after cutting out enough box front to accept the 2-stroke filter base. I had to grind my frame up high where the shock cross piece meets the down spar, and use a heat gun to narrow up the boot. Few hours and you're done. Worst part is waiting for the boot to arrive from where ever you order it. All the info is on here in the "Finished Bikes" sticky, it's where I got my info.
kibler

air box

Post by kibler »

Thank you for the info....
Kibler.