New member from WA - back to basics

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Pro_Marinero

New member from WA - back to basics

Post by Pro_Marinero »

Hi all. After dumping ridiculous amounts of money into my Husaberg I'm going back to my roots and sticking to reeds and ports. I'm looking to build a CR500AF and from what I can see this seems to be the place to learn.

I was a previous owner of a 91 CR500. I miss the power, the sound and most of all the top end you could do in an afternoon for a few hundred bucks. Rebuilding the Berg is now pushing over the $1000 mark. This is ridiculous! I also miss riding a bike all of your friends were terrified of. :shock: :wink:

I'll be probably working on a Gen 3 frame, so if someone can point me in the direction for the Y and all of the frame mounts I would really appreciate it.

Oh yeah, a pic. Here's one from the good old days. No that's not an 80... I'm just big. :D

rikdogski

Post by rikdogski »

Hey Marinero,

For your conversion all I can say is read read and read some more. I have read almost every post in the AF forum pertaining to the gen 3 cr250 conversion.

I just started a build. Check it out in the Aluminum Frame Conversion forum.

As far as the Y goes. Depending on what conversion you do, there are a few options. I'm most familiar with the gen 3 250 conversion. I purchased a Billet Y and conversion kit from DZitting on ebay. I think his name is Jercs on here.

Or you can raise the stock Y on the 250. There are many theories on what is best. Do a ton of reading and good luck. If you have any questions you can PM me. I'm no pro, but I am in the middle of a conversion and it is all still fresh in my head.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Buy a Gen 4 frame on eBay, and cut out the investment cast "Y".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Honda-CRF2 ... a3&vxp=mtr
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Welcome.
Fantastic first post. :)