Everclear

List your favorites!!!
MojoScojo

Everclear

Post by MojoScojo »

My wife has a recipe that calls for Everclear, and apparently it's not available in Washington State. Anybody know which states it is available?
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
britincali

Post by britincali »

The real stuff 90+ % abv (190 proof) is available in arizona and nevada for sure, Ive drank it neat :shock:

You can get the 40% 100 proof watered down crap anywhere.

What recipe calls for it? If its just for flaming something you can use bacardi 151 as a substitute, real everclear is the most horrific thing ive ever drank, it smells just like rubbing alcohol and burns like a motherfucker.

Heres the illegal states...

It is illegal to purchase the 190 proof version in certain states in the US, including Ohio, California, Minnesota,[3] Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia[4],Hawaii, and Florida.[citation needed] Due to Everclear's lack of sugar and impurities (congeners), it may make drinkers less vulnerable to hangovers[citation needed]. Everclear (or any high proof grain alcohol) is rarely consumed straight and is nearly always used as a mixer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

"Everclear (or any high proof grain alcohol) is rarely consumed straight and is nearly always used as a mixer"

Pffft, pussies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by britincali on November 23rd, 2007, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

britincali wrote:What recipe calls for it?
"Liquid Apple Pie" I had a taste of it yesterday. Pretty good.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote: You can get the 40% 100 proof watered down crap anywhere.
Wouldnt 40% = 80 proof?
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I had a bit too much of that when I was living in Georgia. Got my peter knocked in the dirt.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

They have it in OR, $15 goes a long ways. I used to make jungle juice with that stuff :shock:
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

hagendog wrote:They have it in OR, $15 goes a long ways. I used to make jungle juice with that stuff :shock:
Thats how we drank it. I woke up outside with my pants missing the morning after. I have stuck to beer after that. Well...a few stints with Soju along the way and some Eiffel Diesel (German Moonshine).
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

hagendog wrote:They have it in OR, $15 goes a long ways. I used to make jungle juice with that stuff :shock:
Yep that's how I have had it also. When I was in the militery they used to make jungle juice in a 30 gal trash can! Couldn't taste any alcohol at all but it definitely hit you later!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

AlisoBob wrote:
britincali wrote: You can get the 40% 100 proof watered down crap anywhere.
Wouldnt 40% = 80 proof?

No, proof is a completely different very old way of measuring alcohol content.

After a bit of reserch I found out yet another difference between our fine countries :D

You guys use a different scale for "proof".

Here is the real meaning of proof.

The term originated in the 18th century, when payments to sailors included rations of brandy. To ensure that the brandy had not been watered down and was of good quality, it was "proved" by dousing gunpowder in the liquor, and testing to see if it would ignite. If it did not, the solution contained too much water—and the alcohol content was considered low or "underproof".

A "proven" solution was defined as 100 degrees proof. This has since been found to occur at 57.15% ethanol. The British still use this definition, although only the ABV system is used to mark bottles for sale. A simpler ratio to remember is 7:4, i.e. 70 degrees proof is approximately 40% alcohol by volume. Thus pure alcohol is approximately 175 degrees proof.

And here the whole thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_proof
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

my pa' used to run a bottle of everclear in his old rat rod for a lil' boost :twisted:
i dont own assault rifles, i own homeland defense rifles!!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

One of the bars I've got one of my machines in has specials on the stuff on weekends! :D I've had in once, nasty stuff, gets your really messed up. Gives you a different high than other booze. Similar to the Jaager high. MMMMM, its 10:00am, is it Jager-bomb time yet?!?!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

dannygraves wrote:One of the bars I've got one of my machines in has specials on the stuff on weekends! :D I've had in once, nasty stuff, gets your really messed up. Gives you a different high than other booze. Similar to the Jaager high. MMMMM, its 10:00am, is it Jager-bomb time yet?!?!
Lets DRINK!!!! Jaeger is delish..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ISBB wrote:
dannygraves wrote:One of the bars I've got one of my machines in has specials on the stuff on weekends! :D I've had in once, nasty stuff, gets your really messed up. Gives you a different high than other booze. Similar to the Jaager high. MMMMM, its 10:00am, is it Jager-bomb time yet?!?!
Lets DRINK!!!! Jaeger is delish..
X2 its my favorite!! but I'm alergic to it, my whole body turns red when I drink it. its ok though because i'm usually too drunk to care!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

i just end up hootin and hollarin and have a good ol time.. only side effect is :barf: from too much LOL
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
atank

Post by atank »

How about some good ole moonshine from the south.... :stir:
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

i tell you what, my ex was from tenessee right up in the smoky mountains, hillbilly to the teeth ot lack thereof, but i sampled some homemade corn whisky that would eat paint off a car, it wasnt that hard to drink though really. ive had harsher store bought whisky. but i think it would make a killer fuel. just jet it big like alcohol and drain the tank after running it. on the same subject it would be nice to see a comparison between corn alcohol and potato alcohol. i think the potato alcohol would burn cleaner.hell you could get a clean fuels research grant and do it legally in your garage.
i dont own assault rifles, i own homeland defense rifles!!!!
atank

Post by atank »

True.......True
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

My pops used to make this from apricots and peaches...said it was similar to moonshine:

Danny - you know what this is...Mike, do you?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, Mike and I were talking about PALINKA. That stuff is crazy, one, maybe 2 shots and you're done. Hungarians know how to freaken drink!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
JBaze

Drinkin

Post by JBaze »

Truthfully, have been messing around with making your own latley, and have found that a person can get a permit to make fuel legally, but not to drink. However, I have made small amounts with Apples and sugar,(the sugar is just to increase alcohol). It's a little harsh but drinkable, it is only about 106 proof, but after being aged for a while it should smooth out. If you want to make fuel simply dissolve a bunch of sugar, add water and yeast get the alcohol off and run her. Making it out of corn, apples, rice whatever, is mostly only for taste. 190 proof is deadly unless diluted or mixed.
supermotoflunkie

Post by supermotoflunkie »

hand grenande...on burbon st in N.O......i got plastered on 2 but I was a kid (maybe 17 or 18) supposedly everclear and a powder mix... Prolly the 40 proof thoug...
supermotoflunkie

Post by supermotoflunkie »

hand grenande...on burbon st in N.O......i got plastered on 2 but I was a kid (maybe 17 or 18) supposedly everclear and a powder mix... Prolly the 40 proof thoug...
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

MojoScojo wrote:
britincali wrote:What recipe calls for it?
"Liquid Apple Pie" I had a taste of it yesterday. Pretty good.
I make this shit all of the time. I love it cuz you can make it pretty stout and carry it in a flask and it tastes good warm or cold. I love giving it to my Air Force buddies that talk shit about it being a Bitch drink and watching em get all fucked up tryin to prove how tough they are. I made 4 1/2 gallons for Labor Day weekend when we rode the cinders and barely had any left because my buddies drank a bunch and then offered it to everyone that rode or walked by.
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

britincali wrote: A "proven" solution was defined as 100 degrees proof. This has since been found to occur at 57.15% ethanol. The British still use this definition, although only the ABV system is used to mark bottles for sale. A simpler ratio to remember is 7:4, i.e. 70 degrees proof is approximately 40% alcohol by volume. Thus pure alcohol is approximately 175 degrees proof.[/i]
Maybe I missed something or misread something here. If pure alcohol is approximately 175 degrees proof, how can there be 190 proof? I know it says approximately, but if there is a way to measure it at 190 proof, wouldn't that be considered the standard for pure?
Travis

Post by Travis »

I have had Apple Pie, that stuff is good and we make it around the holidays. lol Here is a song for ya,

Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee