PWK 39mm jetting

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
saharamike

PWK 39mm jetting

Post by saharamike »

Its a keihin pwk 39mm, not quad vents or air striker style.

I ordered the pwk 39mm and jd jetting kit and is on the way right now. I want to jet it proper when I get it. My old pj is worn out.

-85 cr500
-sea level, temp 50ish degree
-original fatty pipe, long slimmer silencer
-new 89mm piston, fresh resleeved cylinder
-boyesen rad valve
-32:1 gas/oil

im thinking about 170, 48? I dont want to mess up on first start up.

Thanks in advance.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

45, 175 with a C series, or 170 with a D series needle, dont get crazy till you do a plug test
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
saharamike

Post by saharamike »

alright thx. i will do plug test as well. your in vernon,eh. im from chilliwack. nice to see bc cr500 fellower
BrianPaul69

Post by BrianPaul69 »

I'm in North Carolina which is pretty much at sea level. I run a 39.5mm PWK with Rad Valve setup.

Main : 175
Pilot : 55
Needle : CEJ

Runs perfect. Why are you running 32:1 mix on a water cooled bike?
james1985

Post by james1985 »

I run 32:1 aswell i would run what was stated sounds like a good base
BrianPaul69

Post by BrianPaul69 »

Unless your oil specifically states that you run 32:1 that is a lot of oil for a water cooled bike. I run either Amsoil Interceptor at 50:1 or Klotz Benol at 40:1. Most oils recommend a mix of 32:1 for an air cooled engine.

If you are mixing more oil than is recommended what you are actually doing is leaning out the engine since the oil and fuel are both passing through the same main jet. More oil = less fuel.

http://www.klotzlube.com/techsheet.asp? ... bmit2=View

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/m ... e=AITQT-EA

You also should have went with the air striker (quad vent) carb, it's a much better carburetor.
saharamike

Post by saharamike »

I was a noob back then. I have discovered that anything pilot 48+ on my pwk39 will not start. 40-45 is spot on. 170-175 main are good, depending on temperature and humidity.

32:1 is very popular mixture ratio for cr500 believe it or not. Brian, you might be running too lean 50:1. Again all bikes are different. Dont listen to any oil techs crap, listen to your bike how shes running, too much or little smoke. Play with jetting.

And no, I chose not to get air striker carb. My bike is set up for low end-mid power.
85 cr500
saharamike

Post by saharamike »

And pwk 39.5mm doesnt exist according to sudco site.
http://www.sudco.com/pwk.html
85 cr500
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

My KX500's had PWK 39's on them and they measured 39.5mm.
2002 CR500 AFC
FMF fatty, V-force, 39PWK, Dyno Port engine, EGT
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

saharamike wrote:I was a noob back then. I have discovered that anything pilot 48+ on my pwk39 will not start. 40-45 is spot on. 170-175 main are good, depending on temperature and humidity.

32:1 is very popular mixture ratio for cr500 believe it or not. Brian, you might be running too lean 50:1. Again all bikes are different. Dont listen to any oil techs crap, listen to your bike how shes running, too much or little smoke. Play with jetting.

And no, I chose not to get air striker carb. My bike is set up for low end-mid power.
I can remember a time when Saharamike would have been straightened out right off the Bat after posting a dumb ass statement like that . After 475 Views I am the only one to commit on this bullshit

Bro! you are backwards on the rich / lean theory. And 40-1 is where you want your 500 at. The Air strikers kick ass for trail bikes. There are stock 39.5mm carbs.

There now that we got that shit out of the way:

Brian some guys are just dumb fucks that wont listen, they are the one's that turn to the left (when you should turn to the right) when they are heading the wrong way on the single track you are on and run right into you head on, and then wonder what the fuck happened.

Listen up young-dumb-fucker Brian is teaching something you asked about. You have no idea you need to shut up & listen
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

:spank:

:eatdrink:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Where is the Management around this place? :doh:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
saharamike

Post by saharamike »

The person who swear too much is unncessary. The bad words doesnt help anything. Be nice next time dude. And no i dont use any profanity.

I can do whatever to my bike. I have spent about 50 hours on jetting and oil ratio in the last several months. I tried anywhere from 24:1 to 50:1. I like 32:1 the most. My '85 cr500 run excellent, even can idle all day long. Yes you're right about rich/lean. I wasnt thinking straight.

I have no any further comment.

Since this is my thread and demanding this thread to be either lock or delete. I have learned so much ever since I got my cr500. I am not asking any noob questions anymore.

Ciao!

-saharamike
85 cr500
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

lewisclan wrote:Where is the Management around this place? :doh:
Hawaii :lol:
saharamike

Post by saharamike »

:lol:
85 cr500
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

There it is! I missed the old smack downs. LOL

Should be stated in the rules when people sign up that thick skin is required.

Otherwise it could be like the guy wearing a presidential mask during a rodeo getting banned incident. And we dont want any of that here. :x
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Ask all the questions you want, but then Listen to the guys that know something and that are trying to educate you.

O- and by the way Demands wont get you very far here.

This is me being nice
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

saharamike wrote:
Since this is my thread and demanding this thread to be either lock or delete. I have learned so much ever since I got my cr500. I am not asking any noob questions anymore.

Ciao!

-saharamike
You mite want to direct your demands to the site Owner
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan wrote:
I can remember a time when Saharamike would have been straightened out right off the Bat after posting a dumb ass statement like that . After 475 Views I am the only one to commit on this bullshit

Bro! you are backwards on the rich / lean theory. And 40-1 is where you want your 500 at. The Air strikers kick ass for trail bikes. There are stock 39.5mm carbs.

There now that we got that shit out of the way:

Brian some guys are just dumb fucks that wont listen, they are the one's that turn to the left (when you should turn to the right) when they are heading the wrong way on the single track you are on and run right into you head on, and then wonder what the fuck happened.

Listen up young-dumb-fucker Brian is teaching something you asked about. You have no idea you need to shut up & listen

:aholebadge: :urock:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan wrote:
This is me being nice
:clink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

:rotfl:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

lewisclan wrote:
saharamike wrote:

Ciao!

-saharamike
You mite want to direct your demands to the site Owner
Someone better get to work on this guys demands
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan wrote:

Someone better get to work on this guys demands
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peiNbbrV ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

That is a Classic clip