I feel like I am 16 again!

Use some common sense ....
ZETTNORCAL

I feel like I am 16 again!

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

I made a trade for a Toyota crawler. When I got home and unloaded it off of the trailer my wife popped her head out of the front door, took one look and said "you are not 17 Ryan"...... I thought to myself 'well that's cool because I feel like I am 16' hahah
My two sons, the dog and I have been wheeling it everywhere! Frigging so much fun.
It is an 85 toyota extra cab
92 chevy 5.7l tbi mated to a toy w56 trans with dual cases (rear case 4.3 gears). 3 link front, 4 link rear, locked F&R. Hydro assist steering.............Image
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

"I may have to grow old, but I never have to grow up."
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Looks like fun, Stock motor? stock trans and transfer? gear ratio in diffs? come on man you have to kick us down some more specs.

I think those straight axle toyotas are the best bang for the buck you can get, bone stock they wheel pretty good, modified the sky is the limit.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

Rhino89523 wrote:Looks like fun, Stock motor? stock trans and transfer? gear ratio in diffs? come on man you have to kick us down some more specs.

I think those straight axle toyotas are the best bang for the buck you can get, bone stock they wheel pretty good, modified the sky is the limit.
V8 350 trottle body injected
center dump shorty headers
Toyota w56 turbo 5spd. trans
Dual cases (front/stock, rear case 4.3 gears)
4.88 ring and pinions
Rear Detroit locked V6 toyota axle
Front air locked toyota axle with Longfield birfs
Hydro ram assist steering

It looks like a kid did all of the work but it is a good project for my boys and I. I need a serpentine belt kit that hugs the block the most and eliminates the AC pump. It has a flex fan now with radiator pushed way to far forward. I would like to put an electric pusher fan so I can get a grill back on the truck.

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

very sweet
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

That's pretty effin cool!

Need some action videos!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I kind of like the kid built look......."theres no room...just cut it, mount it in front and flare up the hood" function over fashion for something you are going to roll and smash. Looks fun and all the pieces make it sound more fun.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

cootees

Post by cootees »

Nice. I am a big fan of toyotas. Last year I had to let go of my toy. 90 2dr 4runner. SAS, elocker, 37's, dual cases. It was fun while it lasted but it became to expensive for me to keep up with it. I do miss her though.

-99 kx250
-82 cr480
-76 ts400
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

cootees wrote:Nice. I am a big fan of toyotas. Last year I had to let go of my toy. 90 2dr 4runner. SAS, elocker, 37's, dual cases. It was fun while it lasted but it became to expensive for me to keep up with it. I do miss her though.

Sweet. Those 2nd gen 2 door runners are rare.
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

I have always had Toyotas. I built this Tacoma back in 02 but sold it when my wife got pregnant. I sure miss it. I did the SAS, supercharger, 5 spd. swap.......... This old 85' is more fun though because I can beat on it with no worries