woke up this morning to find

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
warrnum

woke up this morning to find

Post by warrnum »

Some low life scum had cut a through a 6 foot chain mesh fence in the corner of the property we are living, stolen my sons BMX, got into my small shed and tried to take our gen4 and peewee, I keep them chained to a heavy table with square link chain, guess the bastards wernt expecting that. The scary thing is they tried to get inside, guessing to try to find the keys, to me that makes it premeditated, the hole they cut they were definately after the motos. It was a serious effort, I have a feeling they might try again
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

Gee too bad all the goody two shoes dont want you to own a gun to protect your property, seems to me a couple of high capacity magazines and and ar15 would have been an excelent deterant .... of course i'm partial to my ak47's more crime stopping power....
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

personally id go with buckshot
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I like electricity myself.
Funny how someone just can't let go. :)
Acid is pretty good too.
I've been told before that I have evil thoughts.

Seriously though.
I've found that multiple layers of security like you had will stop or severely slow down most thieves.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

At least you still have most of your your stuff, if not feeling a little violated in regards to your personal security. Throw in a couple MORE layers of theft prevention, and rest easy. Too bad you didn't catch them in the act. Assholes.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

As the day went on I found more and more stuff gone, spare parts, my sons expensive scooters, my good drill etc etc. They make you jump through firery hoops out here before you can own and keep a gun, if we even belt a offender on our property we can be charged with assalt.We Rent so not allot I can change, I work allot of nights, it is more concerning to me the fuckers tried to get inside. Thanks outkast, 2stroke,tharrell and scootrt for the support.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

warrnum wrote:As the day went on I found more and more stuff gone, spare parts, my sons expensive scooters, my good drill etc etc. They make you jump through firery hoops out here before you can own and keep a gun, if we even belt a offender on our property we can be charged with assalt.We Rent so not allot I can change, I work allot of nights, it is more concerning to me the fuckers tried to get inside. Thanks outkast, 2stroke,tharrell and scootrt for the support.
The cops have told me before, make sure there's a tall cornfield nearby if you do anything.
Honest, they did.
josh

Post by josh »

wow people are desperate to get something for nothing these days. it maybe time to get a dog and motion lights…

i always worry when i sell something online to a stranger, they are scoping out the digs to score some free stuff.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

josh wrote:wow people are desperate to get something for nothing these days.
CR525Bruce

Post by CR525Bruce »

AlisoBob wrote:

x491
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

CR525Bruce wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:

x491
And it gets better. Heard this yet?

http://twitchy.com/2013/01/05/rep-jose- ... erm-limit/
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

other

bastards !

Post by other »

Bad news man, I feel for ya. I live in dread of the day I come home to find the same shit. Gregrobo tells me you might be moving the Gen 4 on as a result ? I hope you don't, coz then the cuntz have beaten you. Their low act has then robbed you of your enjoyment of your own bike. NO FUCKER has the right to do that to anyone else. I would find a way to get more medieval on them, and carry on riding . . . . You cant let lowlifes fuck with your enjoyment of life, dude. If they try, it affords you the God given right to fuck with theirs ! Just my opinion.
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hi other, yea I have given Greg the first option of the girl at give away price. The fuckers have beaten me. I only have a tiny garden shed to keep it in, just circumstances. I have spent a fortune fixing issues on her and have barley put 2 hours on it fixing things as I could afford to. Once they realized they could not take it, I gather there bolt cutters wernt big enough,or they didnt expect it to be chained they tried to get inside our house, my guess to find the keys to the lock. The other night I could have lost it all, I feel because of the effort these fuks went to get it out they will be back with better equipment, my family comes first, even the police said dont be surprised if they return. I work allot of nights, all night 6pm to 6am it too much of a worry now.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

what about renting a secured access storage unit - yes it means a monthly payment, but takes the toys off site and behind hopefully some additional security

another popular thing around here is to buy an enclosed utility trailer, and install a pager car alarm system and battery - lots of loud sirens, hidden wiring, and hidden battery - some flashing strobe lights are a popular choice too.
other

Post by other »

G'day Warrnum. GMBond is right, a storage unit is a cost effective answer. I had a single car size lockup, with reed switches, and motion sensors, in a secure gated compound, 24 hour keypad access, for $180/ month. I had 8 bikes in it while I extended my workshop, so one half the size would be heaps for you. I bet you'd get it for $100/ month. In your position, I reckon 25 bucks a week to secure my baby would be well worth it !.
I don't like the trailer idea quite as much, coz if the bastards do get past your defences, it's then real easy and inconspicuous for them to tow your shit away . . . .
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Without going into to much detail, even another 200 a month for me is out of the question, but in Darwin it is allot more than that a 100 a week just so I have the privledge of keeping my own bike, no way. Gregrobo said you might now someone who is interested, I wanted to give a couple of the main regulars first crack, if no one is interested I will open it up to all aussie hoons. I have a just turned 6 year old who lost his very expensive BMX ( was just getting comfortable on it ) and 2 of his competition scooters. I dont have to means for effective protection of our equipment in a society littered with animals with no heart or respect, my som wont go without but I dont mind.
other

Post by other »

warrnum wrote:Without going into to much detail, even another 200 a month for me is out of the question, but in Darwin it is allot more than that a 100 a week just so I have the privledge of keeping my own bike, no way. Gregrobo said you might now someone who is interested, I wanted to give a couple of the main regulars first crack, if no one is interested I will open it up to all aussie hoons. I have a just turned 6 year old who lost his very expensive BMX ( was just getting comfortable on it ) and 2 of his competition scooters. I dont have to means for effective protection of our equipment in a society littered with animals with no heart or respect, my som wont go without but I dont mind.
Hey warrnum, I feel your hurt man, I really do. Unfortunately, my mate picked up a KX500AF, which he's finally happy with. I seriously considered buying yours just to help you out, but seriously, I'd probably never ride it. My own Gen 4 is now so dialled for me, I wouldn't want to change . . . . Sorry mate. I'll put the word about, see if I can find any genuine interest for ya in Perth. Your son has a good Dad.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

thanks Other
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Get a couple of Rottweilers
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Have you looked into insurance? should be able to claim replacement value at about 1/2 the price of a SH, that should be enough to build a couple new ones.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
other

Post by other »

PM sent, warrnum.