Goggles fog bad... maybe snow goggles would work???

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
maddog1927

Goggles fog bad... maybe snow goggles would work???

Post by maddog1927 »

My goggles always fog really bad. Most of the time I have to start riding then put them on. these Snow Goggles say the resist fog well. Any Idea on how they'd work at the sand dunes?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/ ... cials-2012
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Not sure, I know my ski/snowboard goggles are two layers instead of a single layer like a motorcyle pair, I think they would work O.K. but I'm not really sure because I think moto goggles fog because of your sweaty head and ski ones do it because of the temp differential.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

What goggles are you using now? if they have the sand and dust foam then they will fog, you could try some of the anti fog wipes, I think a sporting goods store would have them for skiing.
I like the sand goggles, they do a great job of keeping out the sand, any others get a little sand in and when you go zero Gs it just finds it's way into my eyes :cry:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

They sell that anti fog for scuba but I always found for my dive mask and goggles a big wad of spit seems to be a great antifog agent.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

scott makes a little fan that mounts in the gogles, i know 2 guys that have them and they said it works sweet
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/ ... /gogle+fan
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna try the Scott anti-for next ride.

I typically use either a Scott or Oakley OTG (over the glasses) goggle. I never noticed the "sand" type goggle before. I assume they have less venting (more closed cell foam) and will fog more , but since i ride 99% sand dunes, I may give them a try.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

i snowmobile a lot and have used my sno goggles for m/c riding in early spring and fall, work fine ,,, have a number of friends that have fogging problems even with sno goggles , put some antipersperant on your fore head and cheeks , dont get in your eyes , works great... also haber goggles make a universal fan that is awesome fits most goggles