The reason my CR has sat for so long

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
CRMOE500

The reason my CR has sat for so long

Post by CRMOE500 »

Ever since I was a kid and saw a group of bikers I knew that some day I would have to have my own bike. So after many delays like divorce and roofing the house I finally got what I wanted. Hell I bought the bike before I even had my permit!
I picked up a 99 Fat Boy from the original owner with only 20k. It came with passenger seat and clip on back rest, clip on windshield, and all kinds of chrome goodies. I soon ditched all the reflectors and bought new signal lights which I relocated from the handle bars to the forks. This year I replaced the V and H short shots with the Cobra staggered slash cut exhaust.
Next year I plan lowering the rear suspension, installing a Wide Glide front end with 4 degree rake while keeping my stock fender and headlight.
This is me and my good friend last year at the Buzz and Tom Poker Run. We didn't win the weenie bite contest, but we did win the balloon toss this year. Great fun!
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man I love my Harley, mine has close to 100,000 miles on it now. I don't do poker runs, I'm not in a "club" and I don't roll around pretending to be some kind of bad ass in a homoerotic get up of leather chaps that induce images of Freddy Mercury, but I do love my bike. All that said, getting a Harley is no excuse to let your CR500 rot. 90 something thousand miles on a 2001 Harley and I still managed to blow through a few top ends, countless rear tires and a handfull of frames on the CR.

Man if your not going to start your bike give it to me, I'll beat the snot out of it like she deserves. Congrats on the Harley, mine have all been really good to me.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote: All that said, getting a Harley is no excuse to let your CR500 rot. 90 something thousand miles on a 2001 Harley and I still managed to blow through a few top ends, countless rear tires and a handfull of frames on the CR.
:epic:
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Easy now guys. Keeping the CR and rebuilding it has always been on my list. At least I still have it after all this time. Paying for a house and all the bills because I choose to live by myself means money has to be prioritized. Other interests like buying the Hog and women tends to set you back quicker than you realize also. But the CR is near completion and I can't wait to be out on it.
As for poker runs I understand why people don't go. Some who participate are novice riders and accidents can occur. I only go on this one, but it's mostly because I like to enter all the games like the Slowman race and Balloon toss. There are a number of clubs who attend and I know a lot of people, but being a member is not for me.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

My bad I wasn't ripping on the Pokher runs or you for going. We have street Vibrations come through my town and I hear you on the new riders that show up. I steer clear when that thing comes through.

I guess I am just not into the "biker" thing. For me being a biker is riding a bike, and I spend a lot of time on two wheels so I consider myself a a motorcycle rider but I ride Honda's and BMW's, Yamaha's Kawasaki's and everything else someone will let me throw a leg over or ends up in my garage somehow. A Harley was the first bike I ever rode on when I was just a baby in my Uncle's lap and I have always had a thing for them. Unfortunatly I have always had a thing for 90% of the people that ride them as well.

Congrats on the purchase, like I said I love my HD it would be one of the last things to go if times got tough but my 500 would probably be the very last......or my green truck but thats another discussion.

Here is the picture of mine I took the day she turned 90. When she turns 100 I am going to do something nice. She rolls strong with 95's a Mikuni, ignition and rollerized top with a big cam but I'm thinking of hogging it out a little bigger and maybe throwing a six speed at it. I think she deserves a nice present for turning 100. I like to roll around on it wearing a Honda shirt....pisses people off. They all shut up when I show them the odometer.
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Nice Road King Rhino. That is a pile of miles for a bike is such good shape. I've put 30k on my bike since May 24 last year and still counting.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Thanks Man.

They are great bikes, I take some lip from some of my bros about it but the miles speak for themself. They drive down the road so great. Man if you have put 30,000 on this year no wonder you have no time for the 500. Can't lie I'm a little envious, I never owned one in my single days. I rarely had a drivers license and used to make the girls pay for me....I did O.K. and used to use the saying "true pimps have no cash" I hate to even think of the damage I could have done with one of these!!!

Enjoy, saw your finner rebuild, looks clean...get back on that 500!!!!