East Coast Represent!

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
FourHondasOneChevy

East Coast Represent!

Post by FourHondasOneChevy »

Hello cr500 riders...

my name is anthony, everyone calls me gill. haven't been on a forum in a while but this one seeems right up my alley.

I live around boston, in a place called melrose... I have an 85 CR500R motor, and a rolling chassis. i just did the connecting rod on it, its still original bore, about to be first over, and i have a 1991 chassis it's going in, for the reasons of disk/disk and inverted forks.

Thats me, and yes i was born with the helmet on. I don't ride as much as i'd like to anymore, as i used to live out west and it was much easier (utah)

Mostly, i do wheelies in fields, and thats what the 500 does best. I hope to be on this forum regualrly, i have a lot of experience fixing dirt bikes. hope to gain some modification experience here, and one day, when i'm wealthy, i will upgrade to an AF, a vehicle i revere more than even the newest italian motorcycle.

keep that front wheel up!

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!

gill
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: East Coast Represent!

Post by AlisoBob »

FourHondasOneChevy wrote:..... and one day, when i'm wealthy, i will upgrade to an AF
gill
Lots of people came out even building their AF, some even made a little once it was all said and done.

....your welcome.

:twisted:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I find these wherever you decide to put them Bob.....and yeah thanks.

4Honda's...the 91 Chassis sucked, the frame is the same as the rest but those forks are not as good in my opinion as the ones on your '85. The rear shock I could live with but the '96 up stuff is better. You can put the 96 up forks on that frame and you would have a pretty nice riding bike, but just putting your 85 motor into a 91 frame in my opinion is a downgrade not an upgrade because those forks are the worst riding things I have ever ridden...........pus the '85's looked pimp!!!
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
FourHondasOneChevy

Post by FourHondasOneChevy »

That picture is quite pleasing. i'd like to take that for a ride.

Thanks for the info rhino, you saved me some valuable time...

ps 1991 chassis for sale... any takers?

anyways, day 2 on this forum and i'm already learning at a rapid rate. these bikes are getting harder and harder to come by, so maybe ill just keep it an 85 until i get an aluminum frame and attemt (gulp) building one on my own. I've RE-built bikes before, but nothing this involved... any reccomendations on an AF chassis? seems like the crf 250's are becoming popular...
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

FourHondasOneChevy wrote: Thanks for the info rhino, you saved me some valuable time...
Rhino is the "King of Steel"....

Look at Craigslist constantly...... you'll find blown up A/Fs at a staggering rate.

Remember.... your building the bike, so dont restrict yourself to Honda donor bikes. I'd build a RM / CR500 in a heart beat!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Those KaTooM transplants look sick and rumor has it they're easy.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote:Those KaTooM transplants look sick and rumor has it they're easy.
Yup.......

Steel is easier than a-room-u-num to work with too.....
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

There is so much info on here about doing the AF conversions and a bunch of super helpful guys. There are also guys on here you can send things to if it gets over your head.

85's are pimp, I would definetly leave it alone I really liked the way those early bikes rode, but be warned I am a different breed. I am currently riding a 1990 frame, I love the steel bikes but you need to have the 1996 and up forks and the shock doesn't hurt either. I like the way the steel bikes handle, I like the way my fat butt feels sitting on the cushy seat. I sit down way too much when I ride. My riding style is horrible.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Style is overrated Rhino, it getting from point A to point B that counts and you always seem to get to point B, that's more than I can say for me :cry:

no style and sometimes I don't make it to point B :cry: :cry: :cry:
But I have fun trying and that's the other part, got to have fun or get paid for doing it :wink:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Its not how fast you go in the straights, its the speed you carry in the corners.... Rhino has this part down, even when he's sitting.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Everyone has their own style.

Bill you rode great in AZ, that place is pretty mean and you represented well. Following you through the dunes is a pleasure, you have a cool flow and read them really good.

I better be able to do whatever it is I'm doing sitting down because I rarely stand.......I have the having fun part down to a science.

Bob when are you going to do another dual sport run. I've been having a blast on my 650, I finally got all the bugs worked out and made it mine. I love the thing!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:I finally got all the bugs worked out and made it mine. I love the thing!!
Check your email.....
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Thanks man!!!