AF Chassis fab help Needed in the Central Valley

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Larry147

AF Chassis fab help Needed in the Central Valley

Post by Larry147 »

Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Can you put some Photos up to show the issue? If a 500 was in there, then it should be a drop in for any other 500 motor..
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Paul Stoffers builds the best looking frames around and I believe he is out of Oakdale...he'll get it straightened out. He is on here, search him, he has posted his number a bunch of times. Never spoke with the man personally, just seen the work. Thats who I would use if I wasn't addicted to steel.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Agreed --- Paul does great work and is a great guy to deal with! He would be one of the best to make it proper.

I just don't get how one 500 motor was in there and now another won't fit back in....
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Two words. Paul Stoffers.
Did you ever actually SEE the motor in that frame? Just a thought.
Perhaps the previous owner started the swap and gave up when he realised what was ahead. Is the factory "Y" modified in anyway? Maybe the guy just TOLD you it was a 95 motor in there. If it had ever made it. I'm fairly certain, having owned that model bike, of that frame doesn't allow the motor to sit in, it probably never did.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Just re-read your post. The Y is untouched? The guy lied to you. However, if you got the roller for a good price, carry on. Send it to Paul. He's 20 minutes east of Modesto. Quality work.
Larry147

Post by Larry147 »

Thanks for the comments guys. Just to answer a couple questions for you guys: yes, the Y has been modified, I did not see the engine in the chassis but the guy I bought if from is very trustworthy and my 96 engine fits, just needs a little Clarence by the waterpump and exhaust.

I just dropped it off at Paul's this afternoon, and yes it looks like he does great work. All of your high remarks of him seem to be well deserved. Looking forward to riding the bike soon, let me know if you guys have any upcoming trips planned. I'd like to come out and meet some new people to ride with.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Pauley is the man..... You'll be a happy camper.