Been a member for a while, guess ill introduce myself....

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
seanpolson1

Been a member for a while, guess ill introduce myself....

Post by seanpolson1 »

Hello fellow throttle junkies, i'm 24, live in paso robles california ,and i've been riding since age 6. I just sold my 1985 atc250r to buy a donor bike for my 1985 cr500 (exploded my bottom end). Anyway, i put it all together about 3 months ago and this is what i ended up with. After riding it about every weekend at pozo or the river bottom, i've decided i want to build an AF
the 1985 frame just plain kicks my ass. i can handle the power, its just too wide and too tall plus the suspension is not too great...... i've had the bike since i was 14. i'm planning on picking a 1st gen rolling chassis this weekend to start my project. if anybody's intrested in some 85 or 86 cr500 parts, i have 2 bikes worth. Thanks. This is an awesome site and i'm glad to be a member. Image
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

what model of pipes will you be parting with?
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

Looks like Kawaski forks and front wheel?
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

welcome mate sell me the 85 and find another 500
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

:rotfl:

seanpolson1

Post by seanpolson1 »

i dont know what the voltures are about but if you're trying to insult me f u 2 (lets go ride pozo so i can make u cry )...... yes that is a kdx front end i pressed the 85 steering stem into. the springs are way too soft, its worse than the stock suspension because i ride in some pretty gnarly places and i'm 5'9'' with boots on and about 200lbs and i bottom them out like there's no tomorrow even after new seals and fork oil. i know i can re-valve and re-spring.....blah blah blah.............that's when i jumped on craigslist and found a gen 1 rolling chassis for $150, that's when i decided, "yeah, she's pretty, but im gonna rip her EFFIN heart out and make something that's more fun to ride in everything from single track to the pismo dunes.
seanpolson1

Post by seanpolson1 »

oh yeah..... i'have an 85 and 86 stock pipe, also the pro circut that's in the pic, it's all for sale
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

seanpolson1 wrote:i dont know what the voltures are about but if you're trying to insult me f u 2 (lets go ride pozo so i can make u cry )...... yes that is a kdx front end i pressed the 85 steering stem into. the springs are way too soft, its worse than the stock suspension because i ride in some pretty gnarly places and i'm 5'9'' with boots on and about 200lbs and i bottom them out like there's no tomorrow even after new seals and fork oil. i know i can re-valve and re-spring.....blah blah blah.............that's when i jumped on craigslist and found a gen 1 rolling chassis for $150, that's when i decided, "yeah, she's pretty, but im gonna rip her EFFIN heart out and make something that's more fun to ride in everything from single track to the pismo dunes.

Nobody is insulting you man just take a deep breath. Also be carefull what you wish for when calling people out around here some fast old bastards around here. Plenty of good info here for you here just try not to piss off people that have alot more knowledge then you can imagine. Maybe you can hit the reset button and try again :wink:
Kevin
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

there was no insult there mate roosty was refering to my offer
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
seanpolson1

Post by seanpolson1 »

hahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahha
Last edited by seanpolson1 on January 19th, 2012, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seanpolson1

Post by seanpolson1 »

if thats the case gregrobo, i do have 1 and three quarter spare motors (85-86) i dont really need to tear that bike apart to build an af, but that motor has a lot of hours in it. i ported it myself and it's got a 44mm lectron...kinda has sentimental value. if i put another motor in that 85 chassis what would your offer be?
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

G-day mate,
Why are us Aussies going mad over the 85's, i get asked to sell mine every day??????

"NO IM NOT-I JUST GOT IT"
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9M ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

The buzzard thing is to suggest that your stuff is going to get picked clean.....
jbsleddin
PVT. 1st Class

Post by jbsleddin »

Yeah, introducing yourself and then stating that you are selling or parting out your bike, the vultures are right on it. :P If you decide to part out, I could really use a tank, rad shrouds and shock. Let me know, but I won't keep pestering you about it. :lol:
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh, and I will cry.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

gregrobo wrote:there was no insult there mate roosty was refering to my offer
ya, i figured everyone would get it seeing as how i asked you about the pipe first reply and Greg was on ya in the 3rd reply :lol:
Anything not roached ( and your's doesn't appear to be) will sell pretty damn quick. A guy mentions a conversion is being considered and he can likely sell everything he won't need before his build is done :wink:

get at 'er!
seanpolson1

Post by seanpolson1 »

jb sleddin, the tank and shrouds are in good shape. i have 2 shocks, you get dibbs as soon as im ready to start shippin parts away. who wants the pro circut platnum expansion chamber?(in very good condition) it will come with a short dg silencer, the combination sounds and performs excellent. i would be very interested in a trade straight across for the exhaust i need for the conversion.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

what are 85s going for in the states shipping per bike works out to be around 1500aud to perth
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

same price as landing 1 on the East coast Greg ..... :shock:
The bloke i got mine from is in Newcastle NSW, & he's cheap ... you want a number.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)