CR 500 Dyno movie

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
johnnytheswede

CR 500 Dyno movie

Post by johnnytheswede »

Here's a little movie from my dynorun yesterday!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3NtKKAA ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

The blue curve is Dynoport and the red is proCircuit.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Thanks for posting that.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

What gear did you test in?
johnnytheswede

Post by johnnytheswede »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:What gear did you test in?
Hi Adam. We used 5th gear.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

really, it sounded lower. I do use the heavy drum meant for the big harley motors tho
johnnytheswede

Post by johnnytheswede »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:really, it sounded lower. I do use the heavy drum meant for the big harley motors tho
Aha, ok! Well, we always run them in highest gear. I know you are familiar with those engines. So, what do you think of the power output and powercurve?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I also run in 5th, I could do with more tire
the curve looks good, alot better than the cpi curve, i was hoping to see that.
:lol:

As far as the numbers it produced i don't really hold any respect for a dyno result against the dyno result of a different test facility. With too many varriables changing the setup the results shown can't be compared in some places even day to day. Checking the gains from one setup to another is a different story.
You look to have a proper tune on it and have gained against your initial setup so you've succeeded.
Something i've noticed on every dyno run we've done is that I'll ride the bike on that setup, even just outside the dyno building minutes after the dyno run and i'll need to add more Jet to the motor to keep it from detonating.
A pyro and air/fuel reading will show it perfect, but it still won't relate to really riding it. :roll:
johnnytheswede

Post by johnnytheswede »

Thanks! yes, when i talked to Darko who owns the dyno, he explained about the differences by just changing tire pressures. It made a big difference on the power on the wheel if pressure is too low for example.
it was intresting to see the improvement when we changed the pipe, around 3,5 bhp up with the Dynoport compared to the PC is not bad. I can't hear any pinging at all, actually, but for iceracing i will use one number higher main and twin thermostats. Is it common to have an erratic running at around 1/4 throttle on these bikes? I can't jet it away with anything. I've tried needles,throttles and jets, but no improvement. What can cause this? Any ideas? New reeds too.
Last edited by johnnytheswede on January 20th, 2012, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i'm expecting it has a learching feel to it, could be the way the pipe is working.
johnnytheswede

Post by johnnytheswede »

Well, i'm not familiar with the word lurching but it feels like it's lean, cutting out. But i have richen it up, but no improvement. Very irritating! it behaved the same way with the PC pipe.
johnnytheswede

Post by johnnytheswede »

Do you think it could be something with the ignition? it starts perfect and runs fine otherwise.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:A pyro and air/fuel reading will show it perfect, but it still won't relate to really riding it. :roll:
Johnny, sorry if kinda hijacking here but wanted to ask roosty a question while on the subject.

Roosty, I've heard all kinds of locations and temperatures for exhaust temps, where do you place the thermocouple and what is the optimum temperature? also where is the best location for an ox sensor?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I've never installed an o2 sensor, we've stuck one in the silencer before. i think one of the members said he ran it at the back also. none of the manufacturers will say their sensor is recomended for a 2stroke tho.

The pyro at 2"from the flange and after the rear mount is where we had room for, so thats where it went :lol: