Another ebay Rip Off Artist

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
freeride588

Another ebay Rip Off Artist

Post by freeride588 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-01-CR500-C ... 35b80b3f76

Check this guy out trying to sell some used cases for over $100 more than new. Scumbag
Kevin
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

better than the guy trying to sell the seized and cracked piston :lol:
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

still cheaper than buying them new in Canada! :roll:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

2strokeforever wrote:better than the guy trying to sell the seized and cracked piston :lol:
:lol: x 491.

Too bad I never took a screen shot of that.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Huh. Expected to see a Toledo address on that. Based on the "scumbag" comment. My bad............no. Not really.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

If people are stupid enough to buy used cases for more than new cost, then you kind of deserve it :/

But, then again, where are you buying new parts from? Most parts sites list them around 300 bucks a side. after shipping, it would be close to his BIN, although I agree used parts shouldnt come close to a new part in a price, I guess if some moron is willing to pay :/
Last edited by NightBiker07 on December 28th, 2011, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

NightBiker07 wrote:If people are stupid enough to buy used cases for more than new cost, then you kind of deserve it :/

But, then again, where are you buying new parts from? Most parts sites list them around 300 bucks a site. after shipping, it would be close to his BIN, although I agree used parts shouldnt come close to a new part in a price, I guess if some moron is willing to pay :/
$273 a piece. They may not know how to build an AF very well but damn that price is good. Even with shipping which this guy is charging 17 bucks for its still cheaper to get new. Those are in good shape at least they appear to be but they should go for alot less. No bids yet thank god. Just saying pieces of shit like that really piss me off.
Kevin
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

freeride588 wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote:If people are stupid enough to buy used cases for more than new cost, then you kind of deserve it :/

But, then again, where are you buying new parts from? Most parts sites list them around 300 bucks a side. after shipping, it would be close to his BIN, although I agree used parts shouldnt come close to a new part in a price, I guess if some moron is willing to pay :/
$273 a piece. They may not know how to build an AF very well but damn that price is good. Even with shipping which this guy is charging 17 bucks for its still cheaper to get new. Those are in good shape at least they appear to be but they should go for alot less. No bids yet thank god. Just saying pieces of shit like that really piss me off.
Where do you find them for that price?

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

NightBiker07 wrote:
freeride588 wrote:

I dare not say the name here :wink: . Read what i wrote after the price one more time :)
Kevin
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

That dude lives around the corner from my mom. I sold him a CR500 roller a few years back. His backyard is a freakin mess of parts all over. Reminds of a tweaker trying to clean up and make a living selling parts.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

He tears down atleast 4 bikes a week. I'm on the call list for the 500 parts :lol:
I bought the trans from those cases :wink:
he'll need to get that much $ to recover from the deal I got on the trans
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

i bought a shock and linkage dude looked after me cheap and fast
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

gregrobo wrote:i bought a shock and linkage dude looked after me cheap and fast
Even a scumbag knows it's not smart to rip off hoons but obviously he has no problems ripping everyone else off. It pisses me off that this guy is in my general area. Mik did you grow up in San Diego. Im just saying im over these fuckers stripping down good bikes and charging waaayyyy to much. Glad im on this site and know what things should really cost.
Kevin
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i just looked back in my books and in 2007-2008 i bought 7 transmissions from ebay, all 1993+, I didn't pay more than 60$ for any of them. The price has more than tripled since then.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:i just looked back in my books and in 2007-2008 i bought 7 transmissions from ebay, all 1993+, I didn't pay more than 60$ for any of them. The price has more than tripled since then.
Exactly what im saying the cr500 parts world used to be enthusiasts swapping parts to keep there bikes running and now its so called professional bike strippers that are trying to make money off motorcycles. Its going to come to a point where its going to be to much money to get parts to keep our bikes going. Roosty i have $60 can i have one of those trannys. :wink:
Kevin
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

HA!, i already need 2 more than i have
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

freeride588 wrote:
gregrobo wrote:i bought a shock and linkage dude looked after me cheap and fast
Mik did you grow up in San Diego.
Yes, grew up in Escondido and lived in Carlsbad and Temecula before moving to GA. Seems I will be stuck with that house in Temecula for a LONG time. :evil:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I have an engine using this same set on a newer shaft. took some swapping of washers and shims, has been good for years now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-86-Honda-C ... 1554wt_952
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

freeride588 wrote:
Roostius_Maximus wrote:i just looked back in my books and in 2007-2008 i bought 7 transmissions from ebay, all 1993+, I didn't pay more than 60$ for any of them. The price has more than tripled since then.
Exactly what im saying the cr500 parts world used to be enthusiasts swapping parts to keep there bikes running and now its so called professional bike strippers that are trying to make money off motorcycles. Its going to come to a point where its going to be to much money to get parts to keep our bikes going. Roosty i have $60 can i have one of those trannys. :wink:
Yeah and i used to be able to buy 1c lollies as a kid, times change.....move on. I totally agree with you about stripping running bikes for parts but the reality is parts are worth more than whole bikes to guys who dabble in this stuff. I always check new part price first when chasing bits and make a call from there, sometimes its better new other times not and thats where you pay the going rate.
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

freeride588 wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote:
freeride588 wrote: $273 a piece. They may not know how to build an AF very well but damn that price is good. Even with shipping which this guy is charging 17 bucks for its still cheaper to get new. Those are in good shape at least they appear to be but they should go for alot less. No bids yet thank god. Just saying pieces of shit like that really piss me off.
I dare not say the name here :wink: . Read what i wrote after the price one more time :)
I see. I thought you were referring to the Ebay seller with that statement

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

some dickwad selling 15yo used bearings :roll: . want to send him a lovely email but dont want to tarnish my 100% rating :D
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey it's just how it is. If you don't like his price...don't buy it, so simple. As far as stripping bikes goes thats also just how it is. Over on the other site the Sinister racing Dude was looking for like 1400 for his really nice Steely. I told him dude part it out you will get more than that. My buddy bought his GPR set up for $300, I bought his rims for $300, someone bought his motor for like $1200 he was $400 ahead before he even got going. Nobody offered him shit for the whole thing.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Rhino89523 wrote:Hey it's just how it is. If you don't like his price...don't buy it, so simple. As far as stripping bikes goes thats also just how it is. Over on the other site the Sinister racing Dude was looking for like 1400 for his really nice Steely. I told him dude part it out you will get more than that. My buddy bought his GPR set up for $300, I bought his rims for $300, someone bought his motor for like $1200 he was $400 ahead before he even got going. Nobody offered him shit for the whole thing.

True its crazy how it works these days.
Kevin