Long time no see.

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Travis

Long time no see.

Post by Travis »

I have been off a while. Probably a whole year or so. I sold all my bikes and Atvs this year and haven't been riding. But the day before yesterday I went and picked up an 08 kx450 which seems like a pretty nice ride. I am getting lazy in my old age evidently and this 450 likes to poke around like I do. lol

The bike does need a couple things like a brake and clutch lever and a couple wheels and tires to be back in great shape though. I got a real deal on the thing though.

Anyone know where I can find deals on that stuff through the net? Our kawa dealer went out of business around here like the year this thing was sold. lol Like I could afford to get anything from a dealer anyway. hehe I have been on Rockymnt and they have a set of g-force in black for 79.99 front and same for the back. Are they worth the coin or no? I can get the levers from there for under 10 bucks a side.

Or better yet if you have these cluttering up your garage you can send em my way. lol
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

look at my post about fasterusa for wheels. Colin is a good dude and will give a hoon discount. I just had a set of stock Honda hubs polished and laced with new rims and they turned out nice.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I think I can tighten a few spokes and bring the front back to true but the rear has a big ding in it. I think all I am gonna need is some levers and I would like to look into getting some headlights for the thing. Not to super concerned about a tail light and definitely don't need signals though. I am having some issues finding what one I like though. Most kits I am finding include a whole deal to get road legal or look super tacky. Of course I need some rubber too. Any recommendations for something that would have some life and hook good in mud, and through the woods with some occasional pavement use? There isn't a single road around here that is gravel anymore so being on pavement is inevitable...

Oh Happy Thanksgiving I ate good today and got to ride about an hour. I can say this thing doesn't give me the arm pump like the 500 did. lol
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

TYSTYX wrote:Good luck w/ the 4-stroke :
http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... highlight=

:lol:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

dont listen to these haters, thats a nice bike. My '09 has been a great bike and only really required basic maintenance in the 2 1/2 years and hundreds of hours on it :wink:

try motosport.com, or the thumpertalk store. if you go with the thumpertalk store, hit up MFDB first, he works there.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:My '09 has been a great bike and only really required basic maintenance in the 2 1/2 years and hundreds of hours on it :wink:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:
dannygraves wrote:My '09 has been a great bike and only really required basic maintenance in the 2 1/2 years and hundreds of hours on it :wink:
:lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

That has been a good bike for you Danny, and no more burnouts on your face.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, the modded '86 powered gen-1 was a bad idea that day that it did a burnout on my face in the air :shock:
I do sometimes miss the 500 rip though.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

AlisoBob wrote:
HA HA HA :lol:

You always know JUST what to say :lol: