Billet ignition covers

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
maddog1927

Billet ignition covers

Post by maddog1927 »

Haven't been around much lately. Any news on ignition covers? There always seems to be about 5 guys "almost" ready to nake a batch.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Yeh, good luck with that.
i got sick of asking
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

I just picked this up a couple weeks ago,
I've been asking for more,

scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I've got a guy in my 'hood that does CNC machine work. I can ask him. He's slower than the second coming of Christ, but if anyone is interested I'll ask him. He runs a machine shop business, as well as a bike shop after hours. In his defense, he probably just takes too much on.
I want an ign cover myself, as well as a clutch cover. Anyone else interested? Winter's coming here, so he will slow down , maybe it will happen faster. Let me know hoons, I'll ask him. You want 'em, I'll follow through on my end.
If it's a go, I'll ship anywhere. You just pay freight on top.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

That was made in Ontario!

Knocking em out with with a CNC is nothing once you have the design done, I think it's that which makes it a pain the the butt.

That ignition cover was like $140. I'm just waitin on them making some more, and it uses the stock Honda rubber flat oring.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Ok lads, spoke to my man today. Gmbond is correct, it's the initial CNC design that is the time consuming and costly part of this deal. Whether you want one or 100, the cost comes per unit down because of volume production. Do 1, it's 500 bucks. Do 100, it's 20 bucks.
Having said that, my guy is in. I want a clutch cover as well, and it's a minimum order of 10 per side. He can add in extra oil capacity as well, no charge. I'd like 100cc more. At 10 ign and 10 clutch, it's 100 Canadian dollars a piece. Both units will be made to accept OEM style gaskets. No extra embossing or insignias, plain jane units. I'm not makin one red fuckin cent on this, you will be charged 100 per unit, plus freight to your destination. If it's California, thats fine. Australia, that's fine too. I will ship these out as Christmas presents, in order to defray any customs issues, complete with a nice card that says Merry Christmas to your Goat Smellin' Ass (insert Hoon name here) My guy says he's not busy and can get at it right away.
Well hoons? You wanted it, now you got it. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Obviously only 9 each will be up for grabs, I'm taking 1 each.
agent

Post by agent »

Once again , I am in , if they get made , not a rip on you it's just been promised so many times before.

Rick
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

after the CNC is made, doing small runs of these in the future would be cake as well.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
other

Post by other »

I'm in for one of each (with extra oil capacity, and how about a gear lever deflector/protector ?). How do you plan on working this . . . . Make 'em first and then take money, or grab our cash up front for something that hasn't even been made yet ? Like agent says, this has come and gone before, and scepticism would be easy, if you were that way inclined. I for one am prepared to take a chance and pay up the coin, trusting that the "production run" will eventuate. I'm in Australia, so too far away to pay you a housecall if things go bad . . . .there's trust for ya ! Get it happening, and tell me where to send my 2 hunj . . . . .
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I understand everyones apprehension about payment upfront. Completely! Here's what I propose. I haven't spoken to Roosty yet, but if you want to send him the money upfront, he could hold it in trust. He tells me he has it, that's good enough for me. I don't want to piss my guy off, and make an order of 10 each, to get get stuck with them. Which means I pay up front. I don't have $2000 to throw away either. So that's my idea. I can tell you one thing, Adam is a fuckin' stand up guy, I've dealt with him twice and he is RELENTLESS in his pursuit of customer satisfaction. If everybody ran their business like him, the world have a lot less bitter people on it. Rest assured he and I would not be in cahoots to steal peoples money, ala Oceans 11. Or 12 even. Catherine Zeta Jones. Meeee..........OOOOOOW PussyCAT! Boy what I would do to her in a...............I'm sorry, where was I?
other, I would imagine what you want could be made, but again it would be a run of 10, likely. Would thing that might be better off as a tig fabbed unit specific to your bike, each frame would be a tad different, no?
Nightbiker, you are 100% correct. That's the beauty of it. So now, we just need commitment from a few other guys to do this. If I count asteroid as a possible, that's 4. Nightbiker, possible 5. Bond? James Bond? You want in on some of this too? Little cheaper for you, and hell we can meet for coffee for YOUR delivery. Unlike the boys in Oz. Guys???...........
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

At $100 a pop, I'm in for a set for sure! I don't truly "need" a set but when was "need" ever a factor in these kind of things! Lol

Let me know who/where to send some money. I'm happy with plain Jane covers, just on the clutch side my brake pedal is already damn close to the stocker, maybe a small relief (like on my ignition cover) to clear would be a nice addition.

You ever go to the indoor track at chestermans?
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Lol. Exactly Mike. My shop is a half mile away from Chestermans, so if you are coming down, let me know,
we can hook up and do coffee. No worries on payments, your close. If you don't pay, I will.........................
........FIND.........YOU.
You work at a TOYOTA dealer, remember? LMAO.
Spoke to Roosty, he's in. As an added bonus, he has a guy in his
'hood that could laser engrave cutom logos on those covers, for
individual tastes. Up to each guy.
So it's on boys, if it's going to happen, lets get everyone committed
and get the ball rolling. Give me a head count and I'll take my
covers to my guy.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Extra oil capacity is NOT helpful if your brake lever rubs or you have to ride bow legged.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

cools the balls :lol:
other

Post by other »

OK, I'm in for one of each. I've dealt with Adam before, and trust him to do the righty (not suggesting for a second that you're untrustworthy, Scooter, just concerned about the setup. . . What happens if you don't reach your target of 10 orders, or do we just wait indefinately until you do ?) I'll PM Roosty, Paypal him my cash, and then wait, I guess. Good to see this happening, I've tried twice before to buy myself a set of billet covers without success !
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

atleat gift it all so nobody looses paypal fees :wink:
paypal is adam at millarengines dot com
other

Post by other »

The extra oil capacity scenario would involve a relief for the brake pedal, I assume ?
agent

Post by agent »

ok, since I have been sitting in front of my computer for 7 or 8 hrs straight, and am brain dead. how many dollars to whom t cover one of each and shipping.???

rick
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Forgot one detail guys. Lets wait a couple days to see who's in FOR SURE and then I'll commit. That way no one gets taken for a ride and sends money for nothing. Give it 'til Sunday night, 10 clock my time? That's 3 hours ahead of the California time zone. Base your wait until then. If there's not enough guys in we don't do it. Roosty thinks a few guys he knows might be in, who aren't members here, if I understood him correctly. Everyone should be able to see this thread by the weekend hopefully, and if I get say, an order for 8, then it's a go. I'm just a poor workin slob, so eating a bunch of these and them sitting on my shelf ISN'T in the cards. With a couple extras on the shelf, maybe some late comers will find this and buy them up.
A relief for the brake pedal. Hmmm. What do the majority of you think? I have size 15 feet, plus in MX boots, those slabs of ham are HUGE! I'd thought bring the whole cover out, and heat and bend the brake lever. The cover will stick out less overall than a huge portion in the front. Opinions?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

spread the word on armpoops site. probly get a few buyers
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I have no idea who you mean. Feel free to do so for me, though. They can commit to you, you pass the word, they pay Roosty. Works for me. Adam has cash from other site members and I'll order as many as everyone wants.
other

Post by other »

Too late for the Sunday thing, Roosty has my coin already ! (He told me he was ordering a set as well, so that's 2. So all the rest of you interested guys, get with the program. $200 Canadian is fucking good value. Go on . . . .you know you want to !)
As for the brake pedal relief, I was thinking that the lower quarter of the cluch cover where the brake pedal sits stays standard depth, and above the step, about half an inch deeper. The CRF pedal heads are big anyway, so there would still be heaps to get your boot onto. (even if you have freakish size 15's, which make my European size 11.5, US size 12.5's seem quite delicate.) However, I'd be perfectly happy with standard oil capacity, if that's what everyone else wants. :)
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Lol. Ok then. Apparently, other is in. We have at least 3 sets now for sure, plus another guy thinks he's in. Raise the flag boys, let me know. Yes it IS a smokin' deal! Thought I'd seen a guy from the UK selling "retro" works covers at $150. Not including the effort he put in, these are $50 cheaper. Hard to bitch.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I've sold another set, the customer would also like a clutch cover on its own to use on his 250

should be at 4.5 sets now
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

The clutch cover is the same for 500 and 250? Lol. Apparently I'm getting a second clutch cover too.