Moto GP trajedy

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
TYSTYX

Moto GP trajedy

Post by TYSTYX »

Dont know if anyone follows MotoGP, but my favorite rider, Marco Simoncelli, died following a horrific first lap crash in todays Malaysian GP. He had lowsided in the corner but didnt crash. The bike recovered and was out of control with Simoncelli hanging on, but falling off the bike and being dragged at the same time as he crossed the paths of Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi who both hit him. He died at the tracks medical center after 45 minutes of trying to revive him. The rest of the race was cancelled.

99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

dammn, I doubt there was much to revive, split the dammn helmet right off him :shock:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Great......

First crash involving fans at Reno EVER, and now the races may not continue...

First death in Indy car racing in several years and now that series is going to be regulated to death.

Now , Moto GP ????

The world is suffering from "Pussifacation"..... That and lawyers,
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

That was a seriously heavy video as many here have said already 2011 needs to end. Bob is right as sad as these deaths are every person that died in the incients that ne talked about knew the inherent risks in these activities and still participated. Accidents will happen no need to ruin sports over it with as Bob said " Pussification "
Kevin
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Indycar will deservedly get some attention following Dan Wheldon's crash because there were some variables that increased the chance of a crash occurring and the consequences: the type of track, number of cars being able to run at the same speed, cars able to get airborne etc.

IMHO, MotoGP will correctly see this as a tragic intersection between the rare chance Simoncelli did not high / low-side and stayed on the bike, and then cross the path of two riders following so closely with any real chance to react.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

redrocket190 wrote:Indycar will deservedly get some attention following Dan Wheldon's crash because there were some variables that increased the chance of a crash occurring and the consequences: the type of track, number of cars being able to run at the same speed, cars able to get airborne etc.

IMHO, MotoGP will correctly see this as a tragic intersection between the rare chance Simoncelli did not high / low-side and stayed on the bike, and then cross the path of two riders following so closely with any real chance to react.
Agreed.
Sensible, logical and correct.
Plus, the drivers voiced concern about the track before the race.

I just found this. He fell off the bike and was in the process of lowsiding it.
http://youtu.be/nzUrdAZSAmo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

DonDDR

Post by DonDDR »

RIP Marco. Tragic. Prayers to Edwards and Rossi also. They must feel terrible.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

As bad as it is to lose someone in a motorsport, it is part of the risk associated with racing. It's why racers race, and why its exciting to watch. If riding the dirtbikes was safe, I'd find something a little more dangerous.

I would rather die on a motorcycle than taking a walk over to the corner store, but thats just me.

Prayers go out to those affected?
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

sad day i feel for his family and edwards and rossi :cry:
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
racein01

Post by racein01 »

terrible terrible stuff one of the rising stars cut down. :( :(

edwards and rossi must be inconsolable :(

and prayers for his family
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

racein01 wrote:edwards and rossi must be inconsolable :(
I doubt it..... Marco crossed their paths..... He was at fault.
FZ1426

Post by FZ1426 »

AlisoBob wrote:
That's cold man. Those guys were friends.
'06 CRF450R, '02 R1, '11 YZ450F
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

FZ1426 wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:
That's cold man. Those guys were fierce competitors.
At that level of competition, the desire to compete trumps everything and when someone is at fault, the consequences are written off.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I am sure they feel bad as a friend feels bad for a friend and it was not at all their fault. It is the cost of doing business, most of us who ride bikes have lost a friend or 2 to our passion, bikes.

Everyone deals with things different. I have left a person with life long damage during an activity we were both engaged in, football. He will never walk again, it was kind of a fluke thing. I took it kind of hard at first, I was a senior in High School. I went to visit him in the hospital and his Mother wanted to kill me and added to the sense of guilt I was feeling. I made more attempts to make myself feel better and get his family's or his acceptance and to date it has never happened. I was at an all time low. My Dad talked with me about it. He told me I had done nothing wrong, I was just playing the game and sometimes things happen, he also said if I wanted to get technical it was his fault he was the one who put his head down. That really didn't make me feel better, what finally did were just words he told me. "You can't look for acceptance from others you need to accept it yourself" and the big one "I love you Son"

I went on to play 4 more years of football at an even more competitive level. I still feel bad for him and how difficult his life must be after the accident, I still think about it often. Everything you do has a risk, I don't feel guilty anymore as I have seen more of life and know now that risky activity has the ability to bite at anytime. Risky activity is also what makes people like us, Marco Simoncelli, Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi breath live and feel truely alive. Celebrate Marco's life and live yours to the fullest.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:Risky activity is also what makes people like us, Marco Simoncelli, Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi breath live and feel truely alive. Celebrate Marco's life and live yours to the fullest.
Yup.... and no one lives forever.

I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

Jack London
britincali

Post by britincali »

"I dont wanna walk through the pearly gates, I wanna go through them backwards, upside down and on fire"

I cant remember where I saw that but I love it :D
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

John Force wrote:"I dont wanna walk through the pearly gates, I wanna go through them backwards, upside down and on fire"

pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

AlisoBob wrote:
John Force wrote:"I dont wanna walk through the pearly gates, I wanna go through them backwards, upside down and on fire"

:headbang:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
britincali

Post by britincali »

Fuck yea, force just got cooler :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool