Mad skills!

Use some common sense ....
Tharrell

Mad skills!

Post by Tharrell »

I know you guys can appreciate this.
Stick around till the end, there's some slow motion video.
http://www.photobysergio.fr/gefrees-warm-up.html
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thanks for the post, i'm in persuit of a mid 80's yamaha 2stroke trials bike at the moment :wink:
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:thanks for the post, i'm in persuit of a mid 80's yamaha 2stroke trials bike at the moment :wink:
I bought a '74 TY250 this year. It's a cool bike but, you really can't do much with it and it's uncomfortable for a longer ride.
I always wanted one.
I saw a post somewhere about Yamaha works trials team. Did some research and didn't find much but, there is one.
The bike I'd like to have is the Yamaha Trickster in it's prototype form.
I think Scorpa is using Yamaha engines in their bikes.
btw-What are you looking for and why?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I would love to have a trials bike even though I would do it a great disservice. I would get tired standing up and try to sit I would probably be lucky to drive it over stuff I do on my CR. I love how those guys look like they are in the relax position when they are not moving and balancing between 2 rocks, I think that would probably be hard enough. I can ride a wheelie on a schwinn cruiser from here to Alaska and I can ride the unicycle and do some pretty cool tricks, upstairs and downstairs and stuff. I think thats pretty good for a 280lb gorilla, I just have a feeling that trials stuff is WAY harder than these dudes make it look.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote: I can ride the unicycle and do some pretty cool tricks, upstairs and downstairs and stuff.
I gotts to see video of that......

:cool:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I am not as good as I used to be on the thing but I am still pretty good. If I had a way to throw up a video I would. I used to cruise down the street in full football pads grab a hold of bus stop signs or light poles and whip myself into a couple 360's cant pull that move anymore. My tire begs me to get off of the thing, thats a lot of weight for one bike tire. I'll bring one of my Uni's to hoonfest for late night drunken fun.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Sweet!!

I wanna' see you ride the "Cheese Grater" on it!!

:headbang:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

6' ers like the one in the video are kind of easier to ride. Aside from the royal pain in the ass it is to get on it, you can have way more wheel movement before you are out of the sweet spot. Getting on them you have to sort of climb the wheel and then hit the peddles and throw it underneath you, hard move to master, either that or you find some bleachers or something. I pretty much only ride a unicycle now because people think there is no way I could do it. I can rip those funky 2 wheeled skateboards too....I am a very well balanced circus gorilla. For some reason I can't ride a wheelie on a dirtbike to save my life, pisses me off.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Trials bikes are a blast! I've got a montesa 315r which is extra cool as it's an HRC motor.

I'm not great on it, haven't had enough time to master anything yet but it is a great fun thing to do, and a good challange.

I also can't carry a wheelie on a dirt bike whatsoever... To clear a log or something, no problem, power wheelie, no problem.... But I can't just get the bike to the balance point and hold it at all.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:thanks for the post, i'm in persuit of a mid 80's yamaha 2stroke trials bike at the moment :wink:
I got one for you, fantic trial 300 think it's about an '82? $500 come and get it :)
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Kuma wrote:
I got one for you, fantic trial 300 think it's about an '82? $500 come and get it :)
send me pictures :wink:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Tharrell, I have ALOT of territory to ride in, dead trees, sharp creek banks and big rock-piles. I could ride for an hour within 600y of the house and never cross my path. The trees are maily big old Elm trees and there is alot of them. One bush we took bmx bikes to years ago can't even be hunted in, I bet you could walk 1/4 mile thru it without ever setting foot on the ground.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Gmbond wrote:Trials bikes are a blast! I've got a montesa 315r which is extra cool as it's an HRC motor.

I'm not great on it, haven't had enough time to master anything yet but it is a great fun thing to do, and a good challange.

I also can't carry a wheelie on a dirt bike whatsoever... To clear a log or something, no problem, power wheelie, no problem.... But I can't just get the bike to the balance point and hold it at all.
That's the one to have, if you can find one.
Honda has been behind Montessa for years and finally just bought them outright.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:For some reason I can't ride a wheelie on a dirtbike to save my life, pisses me off.
I can. But not when I'm trying to.
I always get the impromptu wheelies just from trying to haul some ass. Front comes up and stays up for like 100 yards. When I try to wheelie, forget it. I just quit trying.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

2nd dibbs on the Fantic.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

It'll probly be next weekend when I can dig it out and take some pictures.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I seen a gasgas trials bike in the back of a guys truck a week or 2 ago, asked the gasgas dealer about the bike and he said its for sale, a 2004 280cc 2stroke model, might be going that way :wink:
If nothing else that guy has some friends with other used bikes.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

It would just help me to complete my quest to have one of everything.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I built a half loft in the garage that opened up some floor space, sold my old truck, gave away a perfect 1974 pontiac 4-door, hauled 5 loads to the dump, landscaped the parking area and driveway and told the wife to expect a trials bike to arrive before spring after getting her and the boy into watching 30+ minutes of trials video this weekend :wink:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I had been looking for exactly this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-1 ... 1c201776b5
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I had been looking for exactly this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-1 ... 1c201776b5
Nice, I hope you win it.
I don't care for the YZ tank though.